Citgo Approved - CLI???

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by boomer, Aug 12, 2003.

1. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I applied for a Citgo Plus card, received the "We will contact you in 7 to 10 Days" message but then received my card. It only has a $100 limit plus a $50 Cash limit (which I could care less about).

Does anyone have any experience with this card as to Credit line increases? The $100 is fine for me but I would like to get it up from there. If I charge a lot of gas and pay it off in full should I expect increases soon?

Also, does anyone know if they report?

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

I don't have Citgo Card. I have Shell Credit Card and they approved me for 400 for purchases and $100 for cash. By the way, I got this offer from the pre-approval offers from the mail. They haven't increased any CL for the card because I used it once or twice. They reported the account to all credit bureaus and they report the limit of the account. In my Case; Shell/Citi, in yours: Citgo/Citi. Don't take any cash advance because the rate for cash advance is something like 23%.

Ron.

3. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

I'm hoping with frequent use and quick payments to move up in CL and to get automatically upgraded to a Citi MC/Visa before long like Target did to me.

The Cash Advances are a joke, high APR plus high fees, $5 or 5% of advance, depending on which is higher.

4. bigmon

bigmon Well-Known Member

I got Chevron with a 600 CL. No cash advance.They pull EQ and is pretty easy to get.

5. boomer

boomer Well-Known Member

Unfortunately no Chevron in New England

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

You can "GET BY" with only $100???

You must NOT have 2 cars...or you don't drive 2 hours to work and back like my wife...

I would call and say something like "with gas prices going up...$100 is a JOKE...we "COULD" spend $300-$500 in a month"

I WOULD THINK THAT $500 SHOULD BE THE LOWEST!!!

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

UNLESS YOU WANT TO BUY A TANK OF GAS AND PAY IT OFF THE DAY IT SHOWS UP ON THE BILL...

Make 2 or 3 or more payments per month because the CREDIT LIMIT IS SO LOW???

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

really with $100 limit you might as well just stash $100 in your glove box, there's you own credit card company

and best of all you dont pay interest!

;)

Crazy companies.

Newbies i understand the frustration was there myself. But after 3+ years i don't use credit card cards under $5K limit period. Unless of course its 0% APR intro and no BT fee.

But fear not its a start.

if you've already got prime cards, then i'd have to send that back, that would be an insult!

9. lakpr

lakpr Well-Known Member

My wife has a Citgo card for the past 14 months, starting CL = $200, and stayed that way...

We never tried to get that limit increased, of course. We got that as a beginner card, to get her credit history started. Once her FICO shoots over 700 on all 3 bureaus, the card will be history.

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

btw as a car-expert, you should be ashamed to put such poor quality gasoline into your car.

chevron = yes
    bp/amoco = yes
    shell = maybe

everything else == thumbs down.

i stick to bp with amoco 93 in my cars.

That citgo junk, has cost friends motors.

mind you, high performance motors, you get what you pay for in gasoline though.

i would push my car rather than use citgo gasoline

11. lakpr

lakpr Well-Known Member

That's a pretty strong statement, opinion stated as a fact. Unless you own high-end sports cars such as Porsche or BMW, a 87 grade fuel is more than sufficient. Manufacturers themselves recommend only 87 grade fuel in their cars, and 87 grade fuel from Citgo vs. BP-Amoco has little difference, if any.

I am driving my Ford since the past 6 years on so-called "cheap" gasoline (Citgo, 76, Phillips-Conoco), with no breakdown whatsoever. I'm now upto almost 100,000 miles on my car. The only things that I ever needed to replace were timing belts, brakes and tires; that's all.

Cheers

12. bigmon

bigmon Well-Known Member

Most people only keep cars 2-3 years anyway.

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

My brother had Citgo Gas Card and he didn't use it too much. After a year, they sent him Citgo preferred Visa to replace his Citgo Gas Card without asking.

Ron.

14. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

I've had a Citgo card for two years now, and they started me at 500/250. I would guess that Citibank is a lot stingier with credit limits now, because your credit now is probably as good as mine was then.

They raised me very quickly from a 500 purchase CL to a 600 purchase CL, because I did use the card a lot, i.e. I ran up a balance.

Ron's story about the Citgo card being automatically upgraded to a Citgo Visa is totally new to me. I would guess that his brother has better credit than most of us. I would never count on that happening to you or me.

15. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Citgo Approved - CLI???

OH NO!!!!!!!!

SOMEBODY TOLD ME 20-30!!!!!!

SO I GOTTA' GET RID OF MY 1978 & 1979????

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Richguy,

They converted my brother's Citgo Gas Card into Citgo Preferred Visa and they only give him $1000. He didn't use it that much and most of time he put the card into the drawer.

Ron.

17. RichGuy

RichGuy Well-Known Member

Ron,

That's a very interesting experience your brother had. I had no idea Citgo did that kind of thing, and I do try to keep up on Citibank, Former Associates Division.

They've never even hinted at doing that for me. Either my credit history or my high utilization must be scaring them away.