Citi AA - anyone know whats up?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Nov 11, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Just read a note on the bottom of my CitiAA bill that says:

NEW: The Citi AAdvantage card is being upgraded. Please call 1-888-766-2484 to talk to a Citi AAdvantage representative about your account.

I already upgraded one account to Platinum Select dunno what they are upgrading my second account to. Anyone know what that means? Anyone, anyone...Bueller? Bueller?

If not, I'll call tomorrow and update the board then.

-Peace, Dave

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

I bet they're trying to give you the world card. Nobody wants it, LOL. They can't give it away.

3. DaveLV

DaveLV Well-Known Member

I've been trying to figure out if I should upgrade my Gold AAdvantage card to World, I haven't decided if I want to do that or convert to Platinum Select or combine with my existing Platinum Select.

I think someone said the Platinum Select had better terms than the World card.

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Its a new AA card that gives you; no overlimit fee (she said $49 over limit fee protection that will prevent you from geting charged if you go over the limit in any one cycle, I imagine you get charged if you don't return to underlimit by next billing cycle), more flight insurance, more bonus miles, has your AA# printed right on the front, she read me bunch of more benefits but I lost interest...it requires you get a new card and #...She did not say it was the World card but it sure sounds like it.

After the crash today I may just call later and dump the AA card totally and combine again to my Plat Select.

-Peace, Dave

5. daveberk

daveberk Well-Known Member

The plat. has a better APR than the AA card and no annual fee. The only reason to get the AA card is for miles. If you're not interested in miles, don't get it. I use the plat. to carry a balance at 6.9 until paid in full and use the World card for most of my monthly charges to get miles. In the past 11 months, I have accumulated 50,000 miles mostly from using the card. This is enough miles to book three domestic tickets at the 15000 mile promotion AA has now or a roundtrip to Europe. This isn't a bad return for a $50 annual fee.