Citi AA Arrived!!! Now What?

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by judp, Sep 17, 2001.

1. judp

judp Member

My two Citi AA cards arrived today. Have not called to activate them yet. Now what do I do? I would like to try to have them both combined into a Platinum select. Do I need to activate first, then call, or just call?

I have a total of 11,000 between the two cards. Is that enough to convert to Plat Sel.?

Or should I just keep the gold and have the silver balance transfered to that?

thanks,

Beth

2. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Hi Beth,
    I was just approved for the citi aadvantafe gold and i was wondering if they offered you Bt option and at what rate and time/.Thanx

3. judp

judp Member

Bill,

No it wasn't offered when I applied or was approved, but maybe that's because I only have about 1,300 CC debt at this time? They may want bigger balance transfers than what I'm able to transfer.

I may inquire about this when I call, because I would dearly love to transfer my Providian balance and tell them where they can put their card with the charged increases!

Beth

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

just call and ask. It's easier to convert to platinum select and get a BT, though. Ask them, they will offerz :)

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

YOU CAN ALWAYS OVER PAY A CREDIT CARD WITH A BALANCE TRANSFER...
    You can transfer $5,000.00 to an account you owe $1,300.00 on...NO BIG DEAL.
    You have a credit balance of about $3,700.00...you get a check for about $3,700.00 deposit it in your checking account and if you want to pay any other bills...OR JUST PAY $3,700.00 TO YOUR NEW CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT...

6. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

My silver arrived......

I got $1000 CL and $100 of it for cash advances.

I am awaiting gold status before I activate.

Also approved for a AMEX LOC today...with prime plus 5.99% (amount pending)

Good day!

Steph

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

author convert that to the platinum select product :)

8. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Ok i was approved last night and i called and the cards are on there automatied system..When am i suppose to call and have the gold and silver combined? I have to wait for the cards right? I believe saar said wait till Monday..I am just hoping they will convert it to a platinum select..

9. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I just received my citi AA and tried to get bt privileges. The rep told me I had to wait for 6 mos before I could do anything with the card. My cl is also $1k w/ $100 cash advance.

Author: you are awaiting Gold status??? What do you mean. Did you call retention?

10. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

Ok i have a answer to my own question above..Saar you must have told me Monday because i have to wait 4 days and then i can convert..

11. Saar

Saar Banned

New accounts are normally updated in the Customer Service database every Sunday night, that's why you need to wait till Monday.

Saar

12. Kittw1

Kittw1 Well-Known Member

What is getting everyone approved? I would like one, but realize that I need to wait a while longer before I apply. What have been your scores. Were all derogs gone?

13. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Citi is approving folks with old bad debts, and folks with new credit, with a much more lenient system than straight fico. It's their own model.

Folks right around 600 fico and up, with no major recent issues (mine are all from 96) getting cards.

And folks who have had credit for only 6-9 months are getting cards as well. (600+ score).

However if you have had anything bad in the past 2 years, or a BK, or previous citi issue, you can ignore this bank..

14. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I have no bad defrogs or anything like that and my score is 673 I have had card for almost 2 years but my credit file was open in 1998

15. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

No i applied for a second card so I could combine them into platinum select, then later get a silver or gold AA card for the miles and travel benefits.

Steph

16. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Sam,

This simply isn't true. At least three people on this board have overcome this particular obstacle (myself being one of them...).

17. sam

sam Well-Known Member

okay. I stand corrected. cheers :)

(everyone can make mistakes :)

18. Saar

Saar Banned

I'm afraid it's not that simple. We now impose a 2-month ban on any member who has made a mistake. See you in November!

Saar
    P.S. - We've shut down our reconsideration dept and fired all the reps.

19. judp

judp Member

Kattw and others,

I applied for Citi 3 months ago, they pulled Experian, and was denied. My report was as follows:

Score 671
    CC 10 Mo old 1600/400
    CC 8 Mo old 1600/800
    Charge 1200/800
    Unpaid Charge off 3,500/more than 6 years old
    No inquiries

3 months later I applied (this week) and was approved 6,500 citi AA, and 5,000 citi AA gold. My report was as follows:

Score 682
    CC 13 Mo old 1600/700
    CC 11 Mo old 1600/700
    Charge 4 Mo old 1200/130
    1 Inquiry (citibank)

So, it appears, at least as far as the Exp Cred Expert score is concerned, the score didn't have much effect.

Major differences were a credit card previously not a year old, this time over one year perfect history.

And, 6 year old unpaid charge off deleted via lawsuit(thank you Lizard King!)

What point exactly I met their requirements I don't know. I think the charge off, even though more than 6 years old, was the deciding factor. Possible though that not even 1 year positive history was the deciding factor, or a combination of both.

At any rate, I finally suceeded. Got the card I wanted, and am off to the Credit Union to get a car loan next week.

Called Citi today, spoke with 2 different reps. EXTREMELY nice and very helpful. Told them I wanted to combine the two credit limits and convert to platinum select. DONE! Just like that. No questions asked, or explanation required, they just did it. So now I have a Citi Platinum Select, $11,500 limit, no annual fee, 16% interest.

Trust what you learn on this board, it works, and works well.

Beth.

20. sam

sam Well-Known Member

beth put that card to work, and in no time (<5 months) with the help of "R" you'll be at prime+0.9% ..

i still think citi is the cats meow, they offer competitive product, superb customer service, and they give folks the light of day, where other banks turn their noses. I'll be forever a customer for just this reason...