Citi Aa!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by cjd, Oct 23, 2001.

1. cjd

cjd Active Member

Well, I finally decided to take a shot on the citi AAdvantage cards (then merge). I only have a 615 on Equifax (and TransUnion has almost identical information so the score is probably close). Well...

I got $9000 on both cards. This is 5 times my TOTAL credit cards before this.

I mean I've had this worthless Wachovia card ($300 limit) since 94(!!!) and they refused a limit increase last week, so I was feeling pretty low.

One question:

What do I do next? I didn't get the card number on the website (verifying information). But when I get the cards, do I just call customer service and ask to merge the cards? Merge into what? Then how long do I wait before asking for the platinum card?

THANKS!!!
    CJD

2. SisterGirl

SisterGirl Well-Known Member

Congratulations....

I have heard good things about Wachovia(until now),& you can only go UPWARD from here.

Lord & Taylor denied me an increase last week(but I received 2-$9,000 Citibank AA approvals also).

These people know that they are HISTORY because of my stringent letter that I sent to Corp office thru PFB 3 mths ago & this CERTANLY sealed thier fate.

Sister Girl

3. mglanham

mglanham Well-Known Member

read the Citi Update thread, I just posted my results of a phone call today which should answer all your questions

4. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

I just applied for my 2nd Citi AA. I already have the silver. But I didn't get the instant approval message. The message told me that as soon as my app is processed I will receive the results in the mail. Am I missing something?

5. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

You are not missing anything. You can call 301-733-5501 option '4' then '2' to check the status and receive your reference number.

FYI: I just called to check the status of my second AA silver application and was told that they are behind due to *HIGH VOLUME*. Gee...I wonder why???? :p

She said that if I wanted to receive a response over the phone to call back in a week. Normally you can get a response 3 business days after you apply.

6. Hope

Hope Well-Known Member

cjd, Way to go! What a cool feeling! Now you can tell that sub-prime card to "kiss where the sun don't shine!"

7. star

star Well-Known Member

what is the website to get a citi advantage?

8. making

making Well-Known Member

9. SD

SD Well-Known Member

I applied for the Silver Aadvantage about 1-2 weeks ago. I called Customer service today and she said she's not showing anything on file, so I may want to give them a little longer to process the app.
    BTW, I got the message "we'll notify you at the address you provided as soon as we process your application".

I'm crossing my fingers!!!