Citi AAdvantage question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by parallax1, Oct 10, 2001.

1. parallax1

parallax1 Well-Known Member

I applied for the silver on the 5th of this month. I got the "as soon as we finish processing...." message. I went to NotWorthKnowing to check my TU report and there was an inquiry from Citibank. Obviously that's the report that they checked which is fine because I have that one still in dispute (and validation letter sent). I deleted my account at WK and signed up again to get an updated report and found ANOTHER inquiry from Citibank dated the 8th of this month. What's up with that? Has this happened to anyone else that only applied for 1 card? Here is what is listed as the inquiries:

Inquiry Information

Number of Inquiries: 2
    Business Name Inquiry Date
    CITIBANK SD 10/08/2001
    CITCP/INST C 10/05/2001

I can't tell if both are "hard" inquiries just from that information. If they both are and I don't get the card.............heck, even if I do I shouldn't have 2 inquiries for the same account. What does everyone here recommend seeing as this is Trans Union?

2. parallax1

Well, after doing a quick search (guess that should have been my first step) I see that quite a few people have had Citi give them a "double whammy", but it also seems that most people that had this happen were eventually approved. Has anyone been declined and had 2 inquiries pulled? And if so, any success on getting at least 1 of the inquiries deleted?

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

DENIED...PFB...DENIED AFTER SECOND INQUIRY.

I DON'T KNOW IF ONE WILL BE REMOVED BY CRA...CITIBANK FLAT-OUT-REFUSED MY DIRECT REQUEST...

IT MAKES ME MAD BECAUSE CITIBANK DOES NOT THINK THE SECOND INQUIRY WAS A DUPLICATE...THEY THINK I APPLIED TWICE (EVEN THOUGH I ONLY FILLED OUT ONE APPLICATION).

4. parallax1

What makes me mad is that I haven't even heard anything yet. 2 inquiries within days of each other for 1 application. I'm assuming that the first inquiry was limited (maybe score only?) and that the 2nd was a more in-depth report. Hard to say if that is good or bad news......

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I had that too. I was approved eventually for $10.000 limit. Silver also. Then upgraded to platinum select.