CITI approved with crap scores !!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by fletchlive, Oct 3, 2003.

1. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

I just received my cards yesterday.

I called R and got them to convert the card to the
    Citi Diamond Preferred Rewards card

No annual fee

APR Prime + 5.99% (9.99%)

I've had no problems with the temporary account # shown on my system, or activating the cards.

2. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

Definitely PFB! I would mention the instant online approval and the account number assigned to you with that CL.

That's just stupid! I can't believe they would instantly approve you, and turn around and not give you the CL that you deserve!

3. DellaAnn

DellaAnn Well-Known Member

What is the link you used to apply? Thanks!
    Della

4. james

james Well-Known Member

CITI pulled Equifax ( I live in KS).
    Thank you for requesting a Citi® Gold / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®. We will contact you at the address you provided as soon as your request is processed.
    I was hoping they used TU, like the other posts have stated. I will update when I have news.

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Citi® Gold / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® account (5,000)--$50.00

Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard® account (7,500)--$85.00

THE FIRST ONE IS THE MISSING AASILVER...THE SECOND ONE IS THE "OLD" AAGOLD

http://www.citibank.com/us/cards/cardserv/worldcard/

LEFT SIDE DOWN A LITTLE BIT...

Citi® / AAdvantage® Cards

Citi® Gold / AAdvantage®
    World MasterCard®

Citi® Platinum Select® /
    AAdvantage® World MasterCard®

BDD IS STILL POSSIBLE

6. trina

trina Well-Known Member

For those of you that got approved w/low scores, do you think income is a factor? I was considering them in about 6-9 months (after getting balances down and letting some inquiries age). Thanks!

7. fletchlive

fletchlive Well-Known Member

not really sure - i only put 58000 down so i would guess it is not a big deal

8. rjg001

rjg001 Member

Re: Re: CITI approved with crap scores !!!!

I put down $135,000 which is our combined household income. I have several lates 30-90, all over one year old and a handful of inquiries for obtaining financing for a car and house this year. I was approved online and then received a letter declining. I have PFB'd and am awaiting a response.

9. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

Re: Re: CITI approved with crap scores !!!!

I put $40k down for salary and another $12k for "other income" from spouse.

10. please

please Member

Would I stand a chance with a 623 and 1 Collection of 623, high util no lates? I'd hate to waste a couple points right now!

11. please

please Member

Well, I applied anyway, will mail me a response!

12. cmg0679

cmg0679 Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what the income is, that could be a lie. It's all about the internal score and what is showing on the report.

13. Nineflies

Nineflies Well-Known Member

Has anyone who got the "We will mail a response" message actually gotten anything in the mail? I got the same thing when I applied

14. james

james Well-Known Member

Call 1-888-201-4523 to check on the status of your application. Between the hours of 8am to 8pm EST.

15. Nineflies

Nineflies Well-Known Member

Thanks James.

I called and they said I was declined due to past bk. The lady says they don't approve past bk for 7 years!. Time to try something else.

16. Brad J

Brad J Well-Known Member

Sometimes not even 7 years post bk. I guess it depends on the card though.

17. james

james Well-Known Member

Nineflies,
    I just got off the phone with CITI and they gave me the same reason for declining me also. I wish I could get my BK to drop off. I am 4 1/2 years into my 10 year sentence. ;)

18. neosmatrix

neosmatrix Well-Known Member

Well I have a Citi Plat Select that was finally approved through PFB so I decied to try AA Gold and got the we will contact you at the address. I have 710 TU with a 90 day late on a closed account from 01 and a 60 day late from 98 on closed account. When I was denid the PLat select that stated ratios to high. Well ya because of my stupid capitol one reporting I owe 167.00 credit limit 167.00.

19. Imp

Imp Well-Known Member

I was also approved online for a $2800 CL for the AA world while my DH got the we will contact you. He was declined (Thanks RMA more ammo against you) and I got my cards yesterday. Immediately called citi for an upgrade to the dividend cash back, no annual fee and 11.4apr. Apr still stinks but it is my lowest so far. As soon as I pay off crap 1 cards gonna ask for an increase on CL.