citi apr reduced with help of pfb

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Sep 5, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Today a citibank rep called me and told me they received my letter and eventough my account is new and I did not have prior history with citibank she could reduce my apr to prime +3.9.

Before this, I have tried to no avail to get a reduction over the phone. I had no luck at all.

I wrote a letter to citicorp on planet feedback last week and fired it off. Well like I said, today they called and I got the reduction!!!

I now have a citi platinum select with a 6.9apr bt offer for 6 months with no fees. After that I will have a apr of prime +3.9.

PFB is great !

I know that citibanks CSR department is great and the "R" department normally bends over backwards to help out, but if all fails, try PFB next time.

leo

below is a edited version of my letter.

August 29, 2001

TO:
    Sanford I Weill, CEO
    Citibank N A
    399 Park Avenue
    New York, NY 10022-4614

RE: PLANETFEEDBACK REFERENCE NUMBER .......
    Dear Mr. Weill,

I expect a great deal out of any bank I do business with, because it plays such an important role in my financial life. And when a bank exceeds my expectations, as yours did recently, I make it a point to pass along some well-deserved praise. .

I recently applied for an aadvantage card from Citibank. I am very pleased with the card and the generous credit line I was given. The customer service has been very polite and been very helpful in helping me upgrade my aadvantage card to a platinum select card.

I did however expect a lower apr rate; my current rate is 14.65% for purchases and 19.99 for cash advances. I like your card and if the rates where a little more competitive, your card would be the first card I would use whenever the occasion presents itself.

I would appreciate it if you could lower my apr, you will have gained a customer for life

My info ....., account number ........

I've always been extremely pleased with the service I've received at your bank. Because of this, I definitely plan on using your bank in the future, and I'll definitely recommend you to others.

Sincerely,
    leo728@hotmail.com

2. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

Leo,

How long have u had the card before using PF?
    Do u know if they gave u the lower APR based on a credit review?

-Roman

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I just got the card 2 weeks ago. And I am pretty sure they did not check my credit report. I have not seen a new inquiry on any of my reports online.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

keep working it, as time goes by the big "R" will give you a lower rate. I used "R" twice to get prime+0.9%

5. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

thanks sam for the info.