Citi bank AA&gold combined

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tommyy, Oct 15, 2001.

1. tommyy

tommyy Well-Known Member

I called citi and combined both the silver and gold and converted them into a Platinum. My original rate was 16.9% on both cards and the best they could offer on Plat. was 14%? and cancel both fee's.Does this seem right? I thought I would get a 12% rate or lower.

2. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Thats about right. Now you can call and ask for the retention department for a rate reduction.

Or you can write a complimentary letter via planet feedback like I did. My rate got reduced to prime +2.9. Which is 10.4 apr as of this month. ( citi rates lag a little.)

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PRIME + 1.9% OR PRIME + 0.9% IS AVAILABLE...don't let them say it does not exist.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

My advice, is to flex your spending on the cards, pay everything you can with your cards and then pay them off to zero balance. I managed to hold a $2400/month payment for 4 months, then bam prime+1.9%, then next month, bam, prime+0.9%. I was telling "R", look i'm going to move my balances to alower rate card, you see my payment history, although short, is flawless, and i'd really love to use this card to extend payments on a large ticket purchase, but you gotta offer me something serious to work with.

If you come to them with nothing on the table, don't be suprised when they say no. Citi should beg you for your business, afterall they make so much money off us!!