citi bank and ch.7 ok.!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by on the go, Oct 12, 2001.

1. on the go

on the go Well-Known Member

Here is one for the list.Got a pre approval form for Citi Bank, the first time since ch7 (96) for somthing like a prime card .Searched the board for odds of me getting this with B.K. still posting figured bad, called them to ask, they talked me into applying got my letter in the mail today my card is in the mail and will be here in the next 7-10 days called to make sure this was right (couldt be ) and they conf. with 5000.limit . So for all you with B.K. still posting there is still hope.

2. donna8284

donna8284 Well-Known Member

Congrats!
    Leaves hope for the rest of us. Could you post details,scores at time of approval,what kind of credit have you established since bk?

3. on the go

I started my repair about 99 bought my first house in Jan. (Thanks to all the help I got from here) Have your usual sub-prime cards nothing great. My first big step besides house wich had higher intrest rate because of B.K. was I got approved for a dell in Sept. Figured I was moving up. My score as best as I can figure is in the 660 range .

4. Jim

Jim Well-Known Member

Congrats!

I presume that you did not discharge a Citibank account in your BK???

Have you done any business with them in the past?

If you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,

Jim

5. on the go

This is my first citibank card:)

6. mj

mj Well-Known Member

On the go -

Can you tell me who (what department or name?) you spoke with?

Citibank denied me (again) with a Ch7 from 1995. I've tried everything with them (documenting the BK - no personal debt was included), showing proof of income (high), but they won't budge, claiming it must be 7 years.

Funny thing is, I have a Diners Club w/10k revolving LOC!

Thanks-
    mj