Citi Cash Card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by themyles, Aug 26, 2003.

1. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

Just an FYI for those who have it. I recieved a letter yesterday saying this card would no longer be offered.

If you have one it will be disabled on Sept 30 2003 if you have money left on it they will send a check after the referenced date.

2. broncsboi

broncsboi Well-Known Member

Anyone know of another card like this one WITHOUT the annual fee? I seen one the other day but didn't think much of it since I had the Citi Card already ($25 annual fee). Now that I got this letter I'm looking to replace it.

3. themyles

themyles Well-Known Member

If you open a checking account with USAA they have a mastercard checkcard that gives you 0.5% cash back on purchases made when you use the credit card function at the time of purchase.

They also give you back up to $15.00 per month when you use atms that charge fees.

Most people think you have to be military to open an account but you don`t. Here is how to do it:

www.usaa.com phone number is on the website.

Call by phone and just ask for a membership number. Tell them that you want to open a checking account.

Once you recieve your membership number they can transfer you and open the account over the phone. Fund the account with a visa or mastercard.

This should be a very simple process. Don`t call and get into conversations and asking a bunch of questions. Save that for after you open an account. Just get a checking account.

If you try for credit cards, insurance etc. You just might get turned down if you are not military or military retired.