Citi Clik AAdvantage

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeB, May 9, 2001.

1. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I received the Citi Clik AA card today and called Customer Service to try and convert it to the Platinum Select as others have done. She checked my account, and said that the Platinum Select was unavailable at this time. Someone had posted that a Citi card with $1000.00 CL could be converted to Platinum Select. Not in my case..boo hoo.. It apparently depends on credit score and/or established credit history. I could have upgraded my Clik (internet only) to a regular AAdvantage card but not add the card (2 cards) without applying for it..odd. Anyway the regular AAdvantage card had 0.9% higher APR and a $50.00 annual fee. I decided not to upgrade yet and establish some positive credit history before calling back or applying for the standard card. I am still happy, and the lady in C.S. did sound very friendly.

2. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I got the same card you did too. I am doing exactly what you are. Waiting and then upgrading. I have heard they are very generous once you have an a history with them. We'll see. BTW-Used the Clik card app b/c I figured it was the easiest to get. But I was only guessing.