citi - combining accts

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by the other, Mar 30, 2001.

1. the other

the other Well-Known Member

For all of you who had multiple citibank accounts and then combined the accounts, I have a couple of questions:

With regards to the account that was closed, how is that reporting to the CRAs? Does it just show as an account that was opened for a short time, then closed at consumers request? Is it possible to have the account removed from the credit report so it does not count negatively in your FICO score as a new account?

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I combined my silver and gold, my silver account reports 0 balance, paid as agreed, Account transferred/sold.

3. the other

I have a terrible memory Mom - you combined your cards as soon as you got them right?

do you know if "account transferred/sold" has any FICO impact? Does an account that was opened and closed in such a short time span look bad or affect FICO in anyway?

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Not mom, but

I don't think an account that has a short history and is closed will hurt your score. I don't think it will be benefical in the FICO score as there is not enough history, but I don't think it will count against you. I have an account that was upgraded and I received a new card and account number. It also shows "transferred/sold". This doesn't seem to affect my FICO score and it has definately been listed in the "positive accounts" section of my credit reports. Hope this helps some. :)

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Re: Not mom, but

Yes I combined , but I did it about 4 months after receiving the accounts. I agree with Miles I don't think it hurts your score, my aria card number changed and the old account says transfered, so I have 2 like that and I don't think it hurt my score 677.

Mom

6. the other

Thanks guys!

I have two citi accounts, one I have had for about 6 years with a 16,700 limt, and one I got in January with a 4k limit. I was thinking about combining, and just wanted to make sure there wouldn't be a negative impact.

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Why do you need a 20,700k card??