citi decrease

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by willgator, Aug 25, 2003.

1. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

citi plat dividend card lowered from prime+5.99 to prime +3.99 citiplat select holding at prime+1.99 I'm sure that will change soon

2. Calypso

Calypso Well-Known Member

Today Will? I'm curious. A few months ago, Citi was oozing with charm when I called them, offering me the moon. This month I finally collected on my Driver's Edge rebate (which you know they HATE) and they were rude and unhelpful.

That's OK. I have plenty of other cards. I just can't figure out why they want to p*ss off good customers.

3. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

Anyone check how they're doing lately? (stock price, chargeoff losses, etc.?)

4. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

The nation's three largest issuers reaped nearly $1.5 billion in profits for the three months of April, May, and June of this year. Add in profits from the largest issuer of charge cards and business cards, and the figure handily tops $2 billion for the second quarter. The nation's largest issuer of bank credit cards, Citibank, reported profits of $659.0 million, which includes some credit cards outside the USA. Citibank's second quarter card profits were 9% over the same period one year ago. MBNA, the second largest U.S. issuer of bank credit cards, reported $543.3 million in second quarter profits, a 20% increase over last year. The third largest U.S. issuer of bank credit cards, Bank One, posted $279.0 million in profits, a 2% decline over the second quarter of last year. American Express, the king of charge cards, corporate cards, and with $36 billion in U.S. credit card loans, reported second quarter profits of $634.0 million from its card operations. Based on the second quarter information, the U.S. credit card business is poised to produce more than $12 billion in profits this year.

SECOND QUARTER 2003
    ISSUER PROFITS
    Citibank $659.0 Million
    American Express $634.0 Million
    MBNA $543.3 Million
    Capital One $286.8 Million
    Bank One $279.0 Million

Yup...they are doing great...

5. willgator

willgator Well-Known Member

Iagree with plat they are doing fine and buying accounts like crazy, but we all know it's all about the greed with these companies

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: citi decrease

"IF" they want to RULE THE WORLD...why don't they buy MBNA, CAPITAL ONE, and BANK ONE???

7. wondering

wondering Well-Known Member

Re: Re: citi decrease

I've seen several posts about Citi's recent changes of prime + X%. I'm curious, who has the lowest fixed rate with Citibank. I currently have 10.9% and am wondering if there's room for movement (down) despite the fact that they told me they can't go lower.