Citi Dividend MC Increase!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Ron, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Today I logged on the Citibank accountonline to check whether I can increase for my Dividend Platinum Select MCor not. I click on the limit increase and after a few seconds itcame back the following messages:

Congratulations! Tour credit line can be immediately increased by $2000.00 for a total new credit line of $12,000.

During the evaluation process, a credit bureau report was not pulled.

Please indicate below whether or not you accept this amount, or if you want a lower credit line, call Customer Service at 800-950-5114.

Of course, I checked "Yes".

It is not all bad news. I guess my credit history is not all bad after Bank One closed all my accounts with them. Citi increased my Dividend Platinum Select MC and I'm glad that someone appreciated my business and on-time payment.

Ron.

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I would try...BUT I GOT TOLD BY THE IVORY TOWER TO BACK OFF!!!

They said I have been checking too often...as many as 7 times per day...

I checked OFTEN...because people have said "IF" you are not there at the right time it will DISAPPEAR...and if you don't click ACCEPT...it will DISAPPEAR!!!

3. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello Ron,

Major Congrats on the $2k increase from citi.... yup I got a $2k increase today from Nordstrom Platinum Visa too.... No hard inq pull keep up the good work!
    Please keep in touch.....

Thx,

Kev

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WANT $200...I WON'T TAKE $2,000...I'M AN IDIOT!!!

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

kevin,

Thanks for your reply. After I was reading your post about increase for your Nordstrom, it gave me courgage to click on the Citi CLI increase. By the way, my Nordstrom is up for limit increas and apr reduction and they told me that I need to wait until December. Congradulations on your Nordstrom Visa and Sears MC limit increase again.

Ron.

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

George,

I checked it once a month and I won't check 7 times a day.

Ron.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

"IF" I was to get a "PRE-APPROVED" CLI today (THEY PUT IT THERE ON THE WEB SITE)...and I did not go to the PULL DOWN FOR A CLI FOR 2 MONTHS...would it still be there after 2 months???

And why not just increase the limit AUTOMATICALLY??? WITH-OUT ASKING??? Why make me work for it???

8. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Since I combined my two citi accounts in January. I have not received and probably won´t receive any increase in the future. The limit is 29,500.

9. kevinw01

kevinw01 Well-Known Member

Hello Ron,

Thank You once again! I am very happy that you got an increase with citi! Good Luck with Nordstroms when you request for it in December! Take care and please keep in touch!

Thx,

Kev

10. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Citi Dividend MC Increase!!!!!!!!!!

George,

My Sony Platinum Select Card hasn't been increased for almost two years. Citi seems doesn't like give you auto increase like MBNA. I got more increase from MBNA than Citi. At least Citi doesn't close all my accounts like BankOne/First USA.

Ron.

11. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Kevin,

I let you know whether I can get increase or not from Mordstrom in December.

Ron.

12. dwooley

dwooley Well-Known Member

Thanks for reminding, Ron. Just clicked and got $1500 cl increase. Last time I clicked, I got the message that I have to wait 6 months for another automatic increase. Does it make sense to do it more often?

13. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

MY LAST INCREASE WAS LAST YEAR!!!

I did not start looking on the PULL DOWN for more than 6 months after!!!

14. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

COMBINE AND CLOSE IS COUNTED AS A CLI WITH MORE AND MORE BANKS...I DON'T SEE THE LOGIC!!!

15. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Ron. At least you had something good happen.

16. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

GEORGE--I don't get it either. When you combine two cards, you still have the same amount available, just all in one chunk. They shouldn't consider it an increase, but I guess they believe in the golden rule--He who has the gold, makes the rules!

17. annie

annie Well-Known Member

I have the Driver's edge from Citi and tired to get an increase online, it told me to wait six months. Should I wait or just click on it again in December?

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

aanie,

It depends how long you have Driver's Edge MC account? For example, my Shell Platinum Select MC have to wait at least five months to get increase. I request limit increase by clicking limit increase through accountonline. The system came back the message: either Congradulations!! means you qualify for increase without pulling hard inquiry from credit report or the form means you didn't qualify for increase. That one pulls hard inquiry and most of time they denied you limit increase.

Ron.