Citi gave me a .10 apr reduction!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by leo728, Aug 29, 2001.

1. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I have something funny to share. I called citi CSR and ask for a reduction for my platinum select card. The csr looked to see what was available and pointed out that she could reduce my current apr to 14.65% effective immidiately. I accepted, don't want to look a gifted horse in the mouth.

The funny thing is that my normal apr is 14.75% lol, a whole .10% reduction.

I wonder how I can get a "R" agent on the phone, any suggestions? I am going to go ahead and write a letter via PFB. Maybe they can help me out a little.

leo

2. Saar

Saar Banned

a 0.10% cut was exactly the offer I had received from Citi CS before I declined and asked for "R".

Don't waste another minute. No PFB letters necessary.

Saar

3. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Can I still ask for retention after accepting the .10apr offer?

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I tried asking for the "R", but the CSR said that there isn't any and if I wanted to close my account.

I said no promptly and hang up.

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

you gotta have something for citi to worry about. They do have an internal scoring system, based on your performance (non-credit) with the company. If you have a brand new card, and are not flexing it, they may not have something for you. My average payment to citi was $2600/month when i gave the "R" a call, and they were more than happy to drop my interest rate. Show them you are a good customer, and they'll respond.

6. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

thanks sam for the info. I am waiting for my bt offer, then I'll transfer up to my full credit limit to the citicard.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

You should have used that blatant lie to your advantage. I'd have told him I want to verify w/ his supervisor that he told me the truth when he said there's no "R" department.

When you get a rep that's a total @$$, you often need to call again. If you can't show persistence, don't bother. It worked for me, it worked for Sam, it will work for you.

Saar