Citi Plat Select Driver Edge

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by My2kGT, Apr 8, 2001.

1. My2kGT

My2kGT Well-Known Member

I just recieved a offer (doesn't say pre-approved) in the mail for this Citi Plat Select Driver Edge card. I was wondering if I should apply but now that I just started disputing with Junum last week should I wait? And what CRA do they pull? I live in WA.

Thanks

My2kGT

2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Citi Plat Select Driver Ed

I don't know whether they will approve you or not and it depends how long you had negative in your credit report. Well, you can try and most important is you don't have any charge-off accounts previously with them. Citibank will pull either Transunion or Equifax depends on where you live. By the way it is nice card to get and give 1% cash back on purchases.
    Good luck.

Ron.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

any charge offs or negative status info in the past 2 years is automatic denial unless the amount is less than $250.

Any BK = automatic denial if i remember.

Any past citi problems = automatic denial.

Good card but the interest rate is high. All affinity cards carry a 5% interest surcharge.

The standard platinum select i have is 10.4% at current prime figures that citi uses. Should be 9.9% pretty soon.

4. 777

777 Guest

Wrong! I have a low varible interest rate of 12.40% on my citibank drivers edge.They set your rates according what your credit history is like.Also i have a 2.9% that is currently in effect for balance transfers.I am very happy with this citibank account.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Sam,

>Any past citi problems = automatic denial.

This is not necessarily true. Last month, I got a Citi card with a 1997 CO from Citi by
    explaining my case with a credit supervisor. I have applied for a second
    card and got another supervisor to over-ride the automatic denial again.

I'm still waiting on the results of the second application, but if I am denied
    it won't be because of my previous Citi history.

Marci