Citi Plat Select...success!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, May 9, 2001.

1. roni

roni Well-Known Member

As you all may know, I had to replace ALL my cards when my wallet was stolen. So, I called tonight to activate my card(s). Well, a person came on the line and told me that I was eligible for some offers. I was like "go on". She told me that I was eligible for transfer balances at 2.9%. Ok, cool.

I wanted to share that with you guys b/c I know that when we originally got our citi card last fall we were bummed that the upgraded platinum select cards (from our silver or gold aadvantage cards) were not eligible for transfer balances like the regular plat select cards. Well, they offered that to me tonight.

So the girl will send my check out this week for any purchases at 2.9% up to my credit line and the rate is good for 9 months.

BTW, my apr is 15.9%. They upped my rate with the tax lien and I guess lowered it again...yeah!

smoochies,

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

That $2500 balance transfer that you did to GM must of woke their a**** up! <snicker>

3. Toothman

Toothman Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Roni!! I wanna be you when I grow up. :)

I can't wait till I can go the Citibank route.

4. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Roni, Congratulations!! That's terrific news!

breeze

5. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

strange.. they offered 6.9% for six months when I asked two months ago.

6. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Nice work, Roni. I'm glad Citi offered you a good balance transfer offer.

That's awful about your wallet being stolen, though. I've been through that, too and it's pretty traumatic. I hope you didn't lose much.

Donna

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone,

Donna, Yes it was traumatic. I have almost replace everything. I am working on the Driver's license and a few more credit cards need to come in the mail. I am out the $80 cash though.