Citi Plat

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Shantel, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Shantel

Shantel Well-Known Member

Ewww...I was about to apply when I saw that the APR is 20.9%! My goodness....that's WILD! For a Platinum card? Those terms are awful!

2. Alex

Alex Well-Known Member

After 4 months with them I got them to raise my credit limit and lower my interest rate, I think it's close to 16% now. There are definitely better deals out there though. :)

Alex.

Free Credit Repair Help!
    http://www.Creditinsiders.com

3. zip

zip Well-Known Member

when i got the citi plat card last year it was at 19.8%. I called shortly after and they dropped it to 12.9%

4. ble103

ble103 Well-Known Member

Not everyone that applies for this card does get this high rate,if you read the terms and conditions very close it will state that after they review a person credit history that they may qualify for a lower rate.I opened a citibank drivers edge platinum select,and got approved for a 9K limit with a 2.9% on balance transfers for 9 months then my rate was a 13.99% variable,and now thanks to the prime gone down 2 1/2 points my rate is currently a 11.40%,and from what i read online today it will go down another quarter of a percent making my rate 11.15%.Citibank has went to a risk base pricing for their cards.I am pleased with them,and havn't had any rate increases yet.Just becareful with any citibank credit card because they are watching anyone very close on how anyone is managing their credit altogeather.