Citi Ps- Secured- On Tu As Well

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Platinum, Oct 5, 2003.

1. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

I just checked my wife's TU credit report and found that Citi Platinum Select reports as secured credit card in addition to Equifax.

In the right upper corner it looks like this:
    -----------------------------------------------
    Revolving Account
    Secured Credit Card
    Individual Account
    -----------------------------------------------
    So Experian is the only one that does not report as secured. I believe the problem is on Citi side and it's not just isolated case.

I told her to call Citi, close the account and ask them to return security deposit since they report it as secured. LOL :)

WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS AT CITIBANK !!!

2. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

I checked all 3 CR's, My Citi Plat. Sel is NOT reported as Secured, as of this afternoon...

Has Citibank, took action and corrected the problem...?

Tony V.
    San Diego, Ca

3. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

They said she needs to send them credit report in order to proceed further action...

WHAT A BUNCH OF IDIOTS !!!

1) It looks like they don't believe her
    2) They can pull AR on their own and see what's on credit report

They just lost another customer...It's just easier to close the damn thing and forget about it...

Citibank Credit Reporting Unit is worst one...

4. Tony V.

Tony V. Well-Known Member

Plat-
    Myself and others here have already had a problem w/CITI reporting our Credit Limits every month to Experian....... CR's would say (N/A) and NOW THIS!!!!....I'm sure my account will be secured in no time......Card is in the sock drawer already for the RATE hike..Good luck , Please keep us posted.........

Tony V.
    San Diego, Ca

5. mysti_summ

mysti_summ Well-Known Member

Two months ago, my Citi Advantage Silver card showed up on EQ as secured. I've had the card for over a year! I disputed with EQ and they came back verified. I called Citi and they said "No ma'am, this is NOT a secured card". I told them EQ VERIFIED IT WITH YOU! They couldn't help me. I'm not sure what to do next, but does having a "SECURED" card on a report hurt you?? Thanks!

Mysti_Summer