CITI question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by jsever, Oct 9, 2001.

1. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

I was just approved on-line for a Citi AA card. It stated, however, that the card would be sent after they verify my app information. What does this entail? Does this mean a further credit check or does it mean just verifying the info I provided? Can they now dis-approve me?

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Depends, they might want a copy of a pay stub, or phone bill, or something else to provide identification.

If you got one AA (silver) go apply immediately for the other (Gold) then you will get two.

Call back in 4-5 days (next week) and ask them what info they might need you to FAX them.

:)
    congrats!

3. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

Thanks. By applying immediately for gold, do you mean today? or next week? On second thought, I don't think I dare do that. I was shocked enough as it was with the silver.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

right now, go apply for the gold. you will get both, i kid you not. just do it :)

5. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

But it asks if I already have a CITI card. I don't have an account number yet? Do I say yes or no?

6. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

From my experience, if u do it quickly enough, u might only get one inquiry for both cards.

7. romanduv

Look in your wallet, do u HAVE a citi card?
    NO, u were only APPROVED for one. So say no on the application.

8. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

Well - I did it. I checked the gold AA and filled out the app. It said I was approved! It didn't specifically say the gold card though. I guess it is though. 9000!! I don't know about this.

9. romanduv

Believe it! And welcome to the club.
    This is possibly the sweetest credit card deal out there for people with mid-level credit rating.

Congratulations,
    -Roman

10. jsever

jsever Well-Known Member

Thanks for your help - I won't believe it until I have the cards though. Thanks again.

11. Jeff

Jeff Guest

Congratulations!!

It is the real deal. You will get your cards. Citi is great.

12. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I hope I can also get a Citi card soon. I was recently turned down for four reasons:

1. Length of time credit has been established
    2. Too many inquiries (disputing with all three bureaus)
    3. Balances too close to limits
    4. Paid collections (on Equifax, currently disputing)

How long of a credit history do I need before applying for the AAdvantage silver/Gold? My oldest tradeline is 11/00.

-S

13. romanduv

My oldest tradeline was less than 7 months old when I was approved. I think they only use your score, withour any regard to your oldest tradeline.

-Roman

14. SD

SD Well-Known Member

Thanks, Roman.

I think I will pay down my cards first and hopefully that will raise my score. My score from Equifax was 614 as of September. Any idea what yours was when you were approved?

I'll probably take a chance and apply in about two months, once I get everything worked out.

-S

15. SD

SD Well-Known Member

I heard that the best time to apply is when your credit reports are in "dispute" mode. Does disputing inquiries count or only major tradelines, collections, etc.??
    I am so tempted to apply for this card, but don't want to add another inquiry if I'm just going to be denied...

16. romanduv

I had a 697 on equifax( which they pulled).

From what I gather, anything u dispute (including inquiries) will not be figured into your FICO score. So your strategy of disputing then applying will probably work.

-roman

17. mambomn

mambomn Well-Known Member

When I applied for CitiAA, my equifax score was 645 with following items in dispute:

2 Late pays
    Collection account

I was approved for CitiAA silver and gold.
    Go ahead and dipute all negative items online, wait two days, and apply. This worked for me!

Good luck...

18. sam

sam Well-Known Member

575 score approved (all derogs in dispute, all from 96).

19. author_22

author_22 Well-Known Member

How many inquiries do you have? Citi didn't say a word on mine.....16 hard in 2 months at the time.

Steph