Citi statement BT offer??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Just got my platinum statement and it said I may "qualify" for a low balances tranfer rate, just log on or call. I logged on and of course got message I have to call duh. Anyway I just received a minor increase from them (500) last month, I am wondering if they will up my limit if I transfer?? Right now I have a little over 750 left on the card, but I don't want to transfer and max out the card. Anybody have experience with them with this???

Thanks

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Just call and ask for balance transfer option. I was given 6.9% for 6 months on the spot. my gf was asked some questions and then was told they will mail her a balance transfer offer (check) in the mail.

Those folks are wierd :)

3. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Sam,

I told my mom the same thing, and she called and they put in a referral for
    a BT. She got a letter this week saying she didn't qualify for a BT because
    her limits on other cards were too high for a BT.

It doesn't make sense, since her limit is 6K and none of her cards exceed
    that. I told her to call Citibank back and talk to a supervisor or that I'd do
    it on her behalf.

Marci

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks all. I may call but only having 750 in available credit doesn't make me eager to transfer. I also had to call for BT for gold got 6.9 for 6 months, but I have read about the 2.9 and since they pull equifax I may get 2.9, but I still want more of a line, so I can transfer.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Never mind

I sent them an email and they said "if" I were eligible it would tell me online , which it didn't it said to call, or I could call and asked for my accont to be reviewed. I said no thanks, the only reason I inquired was b/c of the statement on my account. Last time I requested a BT they pulled a hard inquiry, no thanks.

6. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Re: Never mind

Mom,

I was able to get a balance transfer out of them even though the web page didn't offer one.

The rep said she would put in a request for balance transfer checks, and hope it would "attach" it self to one of there offers and it did. 4.9 for 1 year.

I have soooo many stinking inquiries that I can't say for sure, but I don't think this added an inquiry.

7. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

Re: Never mind

I e-mail them and was offered (by reply) 6.9 for six months. I went to
    account online some days later and there is the offer, I could make the transfers via
    online. I have the plat Select.

btw. A hard inquired was placed on my Equifax file.