Citi - Still trying to figure out..

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Cadillac408, Aug 21, 2001.

1. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

O.k. I just pulled Worthknowing and peeked at a copy of my Experian report (by starting an investigation but just logged out after seeing info) and there was no inquiry from Citibank for my Silver and Gold AAdvantage cards. I just got a Privista alert (Equifax) for a balance change and I noticed that they didn't pull Equifax either. I did get FOUR welcome letters from Citibank stating that my cards were on their way, etc. I'm thinking that Privista is behind and the inquiry will show up on this Monday's alert. If that is the case, I'm STILL trying to figure out WHY I was approved. At the time I had 1 paid collection, 1 unpaid collection (Risk Management Alternatives), 1 trade from a CA (Asset Acceptance) that is being reported as an account...not a collection for $529 w/ $532 past due, the Ford Credit paid auto chargeoff, and 1 paid student loan collection. I don't get it????

On a good note, the collection accounts are being deleted as we speak. I don't know what to do about the Asset Acceptance. The auto charge off will fall off I think? in 2/02 (according to Experian) and there is nothing I can do about the paid student loan collection. I've disputed it do death and it has came back verified every time. I don't think it's due to fall off til 2005!

2. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

MP, I think it has something to do with the day of the week you apply. They don't accept people who apply on certain days. Or perhaps it is the second letter of your last name they use. People with certain letters in their name don't get the card.

Or they could have a lottery. They put all the apps in a pile and the "CSR of the day" gets to pull out a certain number of apps. Those people get cards, the rest get denial letters.

breeze

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I APPLIED ON THE NO APPROVALS FOR "GEORGE" DAY...
    I disputed the denial on no approvals for people with 2 (n's) in their last name day...

4. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

MP Let us know when you find out who CiTi pulled for you on this card...I would love to apply for this card if they pull TU or Ex but not if they pull Eq. Thanks.

-Peace, Dave

5. keltexx

keltexx Well-Known Member

Equifax posts inq lates...

Privista report from yesterday had 2 inquiries from week of 8/6 that were not on report last week. Looks like they are a week or two behind.

6. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Dangy GEORGE,

I must have missed that day

MckeNNa....

7. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Equifax here Nave - Norfolk. Every single D*** time.

breeze

8. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

Thanx Breeze that's what I assumed...glad I didn't try yet.

-Peace, Dave

9. roni

roni Well-Known Member