Citi success

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Momof3, Feb 14, 2001.

1. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Well I called and combined my silver and gold accounts and asked for a rate reduction, she said sure no problem your rate is now 12.9%, down from 19.4 I am happy:) Of course now I am sure I will battle wih experian to get my limits correct again, but I will keep at it until they get it right LOL

Mom

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

congratulations mom. I havent been brave enough to try yet.

roni

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Go for it

Go for it Roni, I didn't threaten to cancel or anything. I just asked if they could lower my rate and she said yes and said how about 12.9, I said fine and thank you.

Mom

4. JP

JP Guest

No guts involved on getting the APR reduction. I logged on to Citionline last night and sent a secure message requesting a rate reduction. This morning I received a e-mail stating my new rate was 12.4%.

JP

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Jp, I may do this for hubby he hates calling anyone worse than me LOL

Mom

6. Top

Top Guest

Congratulations!

Happy for you. Next step.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

Excellent progress by Mom!

Citibank has clearly read Greenspan's lips :)

Saar

8. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Top and Sam

A big thank you to Sam and Top for posting this important information. I am very happy with my rate and Citibank.

9. miles

miles Well-Known Member

That's awesome Mom. You're on a roll!

10. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Miles and Saar. I always hate talking on the phone not much of a people person of the phone, but after reading Sam's and others posts I thought what the heck. I am glad I did, now I just have to get hubby to call:)

Mom

11. judyputy

judyputy Well-Known Member

Cool, I assume my rate dropped back to 12.9...where it had been before the increase in the prime rate last time. Was 13.4. But I will call tomorrow and check just to be sure.

Judy

12. Larry

Larry Guest

RE: Question for Momof3

Momof3,
    how long have you have your citi card?, I have the 19.4 apr on the (gold) Citi AA and would love if Citi could reduce it.

TIA

13. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

RE: Not Mom, but

My hubby has had his Gold AA since Oct 00, and we got the rate lowered to 12.9 fixed last night.

14. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: sam here

October 00 :) prime + 2.9% is pimp for me.

15. Larry

Larry Guest

RE: sam here

Thanks !
    I've had the card since Dec 00... maybe I'll give them a call early next month.

16. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

RE: Question for Momof3

I have had them since Oct 00:)

mom