CiTi - Thanks Sam

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Nave, Aug 27, 2001.

1. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

I did it. Online instant approval for $6000 at 16%

Thanks a ton for the help Sam

Also Mom Leo Breeze for coaxing me last night.

WooHoo!! Debating whether to try the Gold app too.

-Peace, Dave

2. Saar

Saar Banned

I thought we were done debating about that :)

Congrat's!

Saar

3. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

We were thanks Saar :), I was debating to wait to clear up a couple things on Equifax...no need!!!

Did the gold gard too:

Thank you for choosing Citibank. You have been approved for a Citi® Gold AAdvantage® Card account with the following:

Initial Credit Line: $7,000.00
    Purchase APR: Prime Rate + 9.90% , currently 16.65%

WoooHoooo!!!

I am dancing a jig.

-Peace, Dave

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

don't debate, apply for another one while you are hot!!!! hit a home run.

oh did not read the last post. Seems you already applied.

Well now you can combine them into a platinum select.

I just did it with my silver AAdvantage. No problem at all. My apr is only 14.something.

I'll try to knock it down a little more when the account matures a little.

5. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

13,000 credit...I am done applying for at least 6 mos.
    Leo, I will combine...should I wait a month or so?

I am just so happy right now.

Thanks again for all the help you guys.

-Peace, Dave

6. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yehaaaaaaaaaaa Dave:) That is excellent news almost makes me forget how damn mad I am at them now.

I am very happy for you, you deserve it:)

7. Nave

Nave Well-Known Member

WooHoo! (Shouting at Mom) Thanks Mom!

Celebrating by going out at lunch and getting my hair cut :) YeeHaaa

8. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I would do it the moment you get the cards in hand. Why waste another month. lol.

And I am so happy for all of us that got approved in the last couple of days.

p.s. make sure you upgrade to a platinum select, not a AAdvantage platinum, unless you want the mileage.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Wanna bet?

Come on people, let's make some easy money LOL

Saar

10. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Congratulations, Dave. That's great news!

11. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Nave, what are my chances in getting a citi AA? You know my history.

I have 1 unpaid CA (medical) and about 5 paid CA (student loans dated back in 96) I don't know my score but I can guess it is low 600. Maybe 600 to be exact.

12. mother2

Congrats to you Dave. Your credit success is exciting!! Whoo Hoo....care to dance?

13. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

I would say, go for it. You really have nothing to lose but a inquiry. You won't know until you apply.

14. mother2

ok, thanks. I guess you're right. Here goes....(scared to death...why I just don't know).

15. mother2

Well I got the message â??As soon as your application is processed weâ??ll send the results to the addressâ?. Guess that means NOâ?¦..NADAâ?¦.DECLINE! No more inquiries until next year.

16. sam

sam Well-Known Member

mother2: my advice..

You should have had those items in dispute mode before applying.

Btw, i got 3 of those same messages, and 3 cards totalling $15,000 in credit.

Citi does not mind very old collections, but take my advice, dispute all the negatives, wait for them to be "in dispute" mode.

Then apply again. You won't get an automatic approval, but you might just get a suprise in your mailbox a couple weeks later.

3 Times i've gotten that message and said "aww sh*t.. But i've got three pleasant suprises".

I've cancelled 5 cards today. Might cancel a couple more tonight. Have some faith!!

17. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

same here, sam is quite right. I also got that reponse. But I got good news in the mail.

Maybe you will too mother2

18. chriscraft

chriscraft Well-Known Member

Well, guys and gals, thanks to YOU, I also hit a home run with Citi. This morning, I applied for a standard AAdvantage card and got instantly approved for a $9,000 MasterCard. Then, based on your recommendations, I turned around a half-hour later and applied for the Gold AAdvantage card and got instantly approved for a $10,000 card. $19,000 credit in one morning. Simply amazing. Kind of funny in light of the fact that I am in the process of arguing with Macy's to try to get them to give me a damn $300 credit line. What a joke.

For those wondering, I think Citi pulled Trans Union. I have 15 positives (many of them new accounts), no negatives, and my score is a whopping 566 according to TU customer service. If they pulled EQ instead, then I have a 625 score, with 18 positives, 2 unpaid collections (all within the past two years), and my '93 Chapter 7 bankruptcy. I know they didn't pull my Experian, as that is my worst report with a 573 score and 7 unpaid collections and 17 positives. I doubt I would have gotten anything if they would have pulled my Experian.

Anyways, I thank all of you for giving me the courage to apply with Citi. I never would have done it without you. Hope I can return the favor someday soon.

19. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

Why don't you use worthknowing.com to checkif they pulled TU . CITI has officially gone wacko lol

If you already pulled a credit file with worthknowing , all you have to do is login and delete your account and reregister a new account. That will get you passed the 90 day rule.

20. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Nave!!! Way to go!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

color of money