Citi TL changed to "secured"??

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by kit, Oct 1, 2003.

1. kit

kit Well-Known Member

Just received an alert from EQ, the Citi TL has changed from revolving unsecured to secured?? I just got a CL increase and the cards never been secured... anyone else experience this change?

2. chrisb

chrisb Well-Known Member

First let me suggest that you not dispute it through the CRA (at least until all other avenues have been taken) because they will possibly just delete the TL all together, and a good tradeline isn't something you want to have deleted. I would just call Citi's customer service department to ask about it, letting them know that having an account listed on your credit report as a secured card would be looked at negativly, and could cause financial damage on your upcoming home refinance (if you don't currently have a home mortgage showing, make up some other thing that indicates a possible significant level of damages.

They recently increased your credit line, so they definitly know in their systems that you are not a secured credit card holder. This should be easy for them to have fixed up, I would try and insist that they fax the request to fix the incorrect information, and ask them to send you a copy of that by mail to follow up on the CRA.

It should be able to be cleared up in a day with little trouble. If CITI agrees, and faxes the request out and sends you the copy, and EQ doesn't update in a week, dispute it and submit a copy of your "Proof" with your dispute, if they don't fix it then, sue them.

ChrisB

3. lbrown59

lbrown59 Well-Known Member

Who changed it city or eq?

4. Platinum

Platinum Well-Known Member

My wife's Citi Platinum Select reports as secured too.
    I opened the thread but nobody responded:

http://consumers.creditnet.com/stra....php?s=&threadid=51304&highlight=citi+secured

5. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Email didn't work - keep the complaints rolling in. Apparently it is widespread, not just one or two people. Good thing we check our reports!!!