citi update: line increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Mar 5, 2001.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Got declined based on credit report info. Guess i'm stuck till i get my stuff all cleaned up. Still at prime+2.9% which is okay. Thought i would try. Just a heads up, dont try if you have negs on your report. its a waste.

2. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

I have a lot of negatives right now and I just got 1000.00 increase on my Citi Visa, but my husband got turned down--go figure. I did the requests online.

am

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: annmarie

Can you give me a profile of your reports? how many chargeoffs? How long of a citi customer?

thanks. just trying to learn their game.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

If you have recent negatives they will turn you down or raise your apr.

roni

5. sam

sam Well-Known Member

they didnt raise my apr, i asked :) i would have been pissed.

6. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

Re: Citi Increase

Sorry to hear that Sam, my hubby got his. We used the online method also, and got the 7-10 day response. Check back an hour later and the 2500 increase was there. Now our new limit is 12500. That's service. :)

7. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Sam....

They may *tell* you that they will not increase your APR but you'll know for sure via a letter in the mail. So if you don't get a letter, then you're cool.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Sam....

no biggie to me really. They have yet to make a dime off my apr.

I'll keep you guys posted. I'll send them a message every week asking what my apr is :) gotta love their contact center :)

9. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Lady C

How long did Hubby have card and what was his balance when you applied for increase??

Thanks

10. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

Re: Momof3

We got the card 09/29/00 and the balance is 7500.00

11. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Thanks Lady C, was thinking of this for hubby but he still has one negative, even though they approved him in the first place they will probably deny for increase.

Mom

12. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

I applied for an increase a couple of days ago and the online system said "High Balance". My balance has been $100 and less for the last two months, then she would not give me any reasons for it. Saying that I must have had a high balance in the past. NO $##%^@^, but that was two months ago. I think I will stick with USAA and leave Citibank alone!!

13. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

RE:Sam

My last "bad" thing was 09/99--settled credit card. I also have a charge off utility from 96, a collection from 96-all paid.
    I was over the limit from Citi for the last several months but in the last month I paid about 50% of the bill-about 1600.00. I've had my Citi card about 7 years--only got a 200.00 increase like 6 years ago. Until I read this board, I didn't know you could just call up and get one!