Citi vs Providian

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by tinaboo, Sep 22, 2003.

1. tinaboo

tinaboo Well-Known Member

i just got a citi plantinum select offer. 0% BT until 10/01/04. If you make $100 in purchases and a blance transfer within 3m onths you get a BT of 0% until 1/05.

My APR with Providian is 16.99% so of couse this a better offer and that account is closed.

My questions is how hard is it to get a account with Citi with a descent CL. I don't want to waste a inquiry with a sorry $500 CL like I did with Cap 1.

What does your FICO need to be...

2. catnap1972

catnap1972 Well-Known Member

Citi takes into account what's in your credit file and not the FICO score (they use their own model). Generally they're looking for a relatively long average age and good history.

3. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I think it depends on the card. A year or so ago, a lot of folks here had good luck getting the AAdvantage card with decent limits. But I think it was the silver or gold one, I don't remember. If you applied for the wrong one you got declined.

You might want to do a search on Citibank and see what you can find.

Try Citibank and user Roni

4. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

BIRTH OF THE BDD

AASILVER + AAGOLD (NOT WORLD)

5. annie

annie Well-Known Member

DH just got approved for Drivers edge and Platinum with Citi, $3000 and $3300. Can we request a higher limit citing bt as the reason? Or should we wait? I am an au on the card. They did send me a card.

6. tinaboo

Actually is't the plantinum select

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

Re: Re: Citi vs Providian

"I want to do a BT but I need a little more than $3,000 to TOTALLY PAY OFF XXXXXX CARD...THEY HAVE DONE ME WRONG...AND NEED TO GO"

IT WON'T HURT...AS LONG AS YOU SAY "PRE-APPROVED" NO INQUIRY

8. tinaboo

Re: Re: Citi vs Providian

It's not a preapproval offer, just a regular offer. So , should I not apply?