Citibank - 1 last time

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by me2, Oct 20, 2000.

1. me2

me2 Guest

I have been follwoing all the posts about Citibank and decided to apply online too. A day later, someone from Citibank actually called me at work and asked me to verify my address, and one trade item on my credit report, specifically my car lease. She asked me to verify who my lease was through and how much my monthly payment was. Has this happened to anyone? What does this mean, exactly?

2. Kirk

Kirk Guest

Same thing happened to my wife and she was approved. Good luck.

3. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

My guess is....

They are probably going to approve you. Doesn't make any sense to call and verify stuff like that if they were considering a decline!

4. James D. A

James D. A Guest

Yes, this has happened to me as well with citibank among other credit card companies. That is how they try and prevent fraudulent credit card accounts being opened. me2 wrote:-------------------------------I have been follwoing all the posts about Citibank and decided to apply online too. A day later, someone from Citibank actually called me at work and asked me to verify my address, and one trade item on my credit report, specifically my car lease. She asked me to verify who my lease was through and how much my monthly payment was. Has this happened to anyone? What does this mean, exactly?

5. Sorin

Sorin Well-Known Member

Yep, happened to me too. I got a letter instead, asking me to call them back. They wanted to verify my address. After getting all the info, the rep told me that I'm approved and even gave me all the info about the account