Citibank 6 mo. limit increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by molly, Apr 13, 2001.

1. molly

molly Well-Known Member

My card turned six months old yesterday and I'm wondering if I should try for an increase. My limit is $2000, platinum select, and my balance is $200. Or should I wait and see if they will automatically give me an increase? If I do it online, will they check my credit again? Thanks.

2. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Re: Citibank 6 mo. limit incre

Molly, what i did was call Citibank and asked them of they had anything on their screen in reference to a CL increase. She told me, the system was suggesting a $800 increase. She told me to call back 4 hours later for status. I checked online within 30 minutes and there was a $800 increase. Dont let them pull an inquiry if you dont want it.

Reshod

3. molly

molly Well-Known Member

I did it online!!!!!!!!

I instantly got a $1,000 increase. My limit is now $3,000. I am so happy! I have hit a plateau with my credit repairs and this is the first positive thing since the third week in January. I'm keeping my fingers crossed with the disputes I have in right now ;)

4. Ender

Ender Well-Known Member

Re: I did it online!!!!!!!!

Good job Molly! I am happy for you... congratulations!

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: I did it online!!!!!!!!

molly,
    They turned me down limit credit increase for Sony Card because they couldn't extend any more credit based on the income and credit history. I probably max out the limit that they allowed for me. By the way Congradulations for tyour increase the credit limit, molly.

Ron.

6. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Thanks!

I have kept my balance very low. I don't think it's gone over $300 since I got it. I also have an AA card but I just got that one January 1st of this year. That limit is $2,500 and the balance is $800. I just bought two plane tickets. I will let you know what happens with that card at the end of June when it's six months and I get the balance down a little.

Also, does anyone know anything about the miles you receive with that card? I bought two tickets through American Airlines and it only shows miles for the exact purchase amount of the tickets. I thought you got extra if you purchased an American Airlines plane ticket. I will have to call them and find out. Good luck to everyone else :)

7. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks!

Congratulations molly! You are doing a great job managing your accounts. The increase suggests that.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Re: Thanks!

You don't really need to have the card for 6 months to get the increase. It's actually after they pull the soft inquiry at like 4-5 months...

9. molly

molly Well-Known Member

Oh

Thanks for all the adivice and support!