Citibank AA card Qusetion

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Michelle, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Michelle

Michelle Guest

I just applied for the silver aa card and was approved for 2500.00. I really wanted the gold aa card. Can I apply for the gold now or should I wait. Has anyone applied for both cards back to back like that?

2. Saar

Saar Banned

Don't apply for the Gold, it is only issued if they can set an initial credit limit of $5K. Since your silver was issued with half that amount, you're not eligible for the gold yet.

Saar

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Why dont you call them up and change the silver to a normal "Platinum select" card. :)

4. S.D.

S.D. Guest

To be approved for any Citibank card, you can't have any negatives, right? Or if you have a negative on your report, you have to have at least 2 years of positive credit, correct? I ask because I would like to apply for this card, but I don't think I qualify...yet. I've got one charge off that I'm disputing and 3 positive revolving trade lines, the oldest being 11/00. Way too soon to try, huh?

5. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

I applied back to back like that last month. I applied for the regular AA and got a $3000 line and then I applied for the gold AA and got a $5000 line.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Ok, I'm done trying to explain it rationally :)

But given the fact so many people were successful in converting it to the Platinum, there's really no point.

Saar

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

S.D.

If your oldest tradeline is 11/00, I think you should wait until you have established these accounts. Just my thought:)

mom

8. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Saar

You say the Gold can only be issued if the initial credit line is set to $5k, right? What is the criteria for Platinum then? Also.....how do you explain being able to upgrade to Platinum as long as your limit is at least $1k (this is what was told to me by a rep).

I'm just trying to make sense out of all this...

9. Saar

Saar Banned

Re: Saar

Citibank rep has already clarified that, ironically, the Gold is harder to get than the Platinum.

Gold min. limit: $5K
    Platinum min. limit: $1K

Saar

10. AnnMarie

AnnMarie Well-Known Member

huh? really! No wonder they had no problem "upgrading" to a Platinum, it's not an upgrade at all!

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

It was an upgrade for me. Dropped my APR to 16.9%, which a little later was dropped to prime+2.9%. The other cards available all carried a higher APR for some reason.