Citibank AA CL increase

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Jul 8, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I've had the citibank AA world card for nine months. No credit limit increase yet. I've had the plat. select for 10 months and I've gotten two increases at the website but when I go to the website for an increase on the AA card, I'm asked to fill out a form for purchase increases only and to call for cash increases. Anyone have experience getting automatic increases on the AA card? How long does it take to get the first one and was it granted automatically or did you have to call? Thanks.

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Dave, I opened a sliver card first in October then got the gold in November. I then combined in March and requested a credit line increase, they told me since I had combined cards this was essentially a credit line increase and to wait until August and I should receive an increase. They sent me a letter stating that even though I requested a credit line increase the inquiry would be listed as an AR inquiry and it was, I thought that was nice and also the letter stated as long as I pay on time and pay OVER the min payments I should expect an increase in August. The letter bstated increase "generally are given every 4-6 months.

Not sure if you are aware but usually if you have to fill in the form for an increase they deny it, increase are usually instant and automatic online. If I get that form in August I probably won't even bother.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

someone noted earlier in messages, its 9 full billing cycles before you will be offered an increase, and such offer would occur on the "phone" system.

"Call in on to get your balance and you should hear a congratulations you qualify for a line increase in the amount of $$$ press 1 to accept of 2 to decline".

I read this about 3-4 months ago here.