citibank AA

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rolo, Oct 30, 2000.

1. rolo

rolo Well-Known Member

My wife recieved her citibank advantage card today, with a $2500 limit.citibank denied me a card and my income is three times as much as hers and I think my credit is better all i have is a bk from 1994 thats negative.but i have three credit cards that i always pay on time.the highest is $152.00 to providian.why cant I get a prime card i am sad.

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Dont be sad rolo. put yourself on your wifes account and you will have a card too. Who cares how you got it. I think someone said that they werenot giving out cards to recent bks. I guess within 7 years is recent. it is still on your report.

3. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone can explain citibank's approval denial reasoning. I feel bad I just referred by friend to Citibank, her credit is pretty fair, she just got a conventional loan for a mortgage of 148K and her scores at that time were around 650 or so, she applied for the gold card and got tha standard you'll hear in the mail, she already had a citibank account so I assumed she would get instant approval and account number as I did already being a member, but it smells like denial to me. I just feel bad telling her to go for it:(

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I did not get instant approval for the gold card mom. I told you a thousand times they rep told me they verify address for that card.

5. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Yes I remember you saying that, but she has been a member of citibank for years, don't think they would need further verfication of the same address she has used for years.