citibank aadvantage APR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Jan 15, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

has anyone gotten citibank to lower the 19.4 interest rate on the aadvantage card?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I upgraded to the platinum select which offered 17.4.

roni

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

i remember you saying that. i want to keep the card for miles though.

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Several others also reported upgrading from silver AA to Platinum Select. The interesting thing is prior to upgrading, some were still charged the AA's annual fee, and some were not.

Can anyone explain it?

Saar

5. Tony

Tony Guest

I had mine lowered to 18.5% last month.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I was told the gold is higher APR than the silver AA :) I just took the 17.49% and ran :)

Why dont you carry balances on a lower card and use the AA for the miles and pay it off every month?

Btw, the Platinum select says "Platinum Select with no annual fee" on my bills. They credited the $50 annual fee instantly back to my account when i switched.

That impressed me alot :)

7. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Citibank grrrrrrrrrrr:( They are on my poopy list at the moment:(

mom

8. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Citibank recharged the annual fee to my card when I upgraded to Platium Select. I didnt have to ask, the REP did it without question.

Reshod

Saar wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Several others also reported upgrading from silver AA to Platinum Select. The interesting thing is prior to upgrading, some were still charged the AA's annual fee, and some were not.

Can anyone explain it?

Saar

9. Tony Verel

Tony Verel Guest

upgraded also to platinum select @17.4apr and they did credit back my account the 50$ for the annual fee...i thought that was nice of them...so far no complaints..thanks