citibank aadvantage APR

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by dave, Feb 15, 2001.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I called the number on the back of the card to ask for an interest rate reduction and was told they could only reduce the rate from 19.4 to 18.4. I was hopeful that I could get it much lower after reading other posts. When I called, I noticed that I went into the Aadvantage card center rather than the generic card center. The rep. told me that they treated rewards cards differently and a lower rate was not available. I have had the card since 11/00 and have charged about 6K on it but pay it off each month. Just curious about those who got reductions: have you been carrying a balance and did you call the number on the card or the main number? This is a world card by the way. Don't know if that matters. Trying to figure this out. I got my other citibank card reduced to 11-something last week.

2. arthur

arthur Guest

I just got the gold advantage card, 7k limit, I havent made a payment yet, only had it two months, and I called today and asked for 12.9, said I had been approved for MBNA card of equal credit line, with 13% APR, and told the citi rep, that I liked citi cust service better, and wanted to know if they could match, she said sure no problem, it's done 12.9 fixed cash adv/purchases.

I'm sold on citibank!

(of course I lied about the mbna thing...but who will know)

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

gee, I guess I just got the one rep. who was the wrong one to get in the whole place. i'm going to wait a month and try again.

4. Y.M.

Y.M. Guest

Are you sure 12.9 % fixed APR for cash advance ?

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

PROBABLY...balance transfers.

6. dave

dave Well-Known Member

arthur--

please clarify. did citibank reduce your cash advance APR to 12.9 or did you mean balance transfer?

7. sam

sam Well-Known Member

citibank offered me 6.9% for 6 months, they asked if i wanted a check ?? drawn to me, or i can give them the account number and bank name.

I just asked on a whim..

8. ble103

ble103 Guest

Citibank never reduces the cash advance side toward a lower interest rate.They always had a high interest rate on their cash advances.They only lower the A.P.R. on purchases,and balance transfers only.Please check you C.C. statement after your new rates changes goes into effect,and see that the cash avance remains at a 19.99 fixed rate.I am sure it is.

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

so the idea would be to cash advance another card, and balance transfer it :) if you indeed wanted a very low rate loan..