Citibank aadvantage card

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Chuck, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Chuck

Chuck Guest

I have been reading all about the citibank aadvatage silver card. Do you need much credit history for that. My wife has one credit card Aria opened about 6 months. If that's not acceptable then when would be the best time? From the previous posts it sounds like the card is very easy to receive. We live in Michigan, what credit report would they pull? How many inquires are to much? She has 6 in the last 3 months. For insurance,employment,Aria, and 3 failed credit card attempts.

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Give it a shot. My gf had a macy's and cap 1 for 6 months and got instant approval $1000. My bro had a macys and parisians for 6 full reported months (7 i spose) and got $2000 instant approval online as well. gf had Several denial inq's in the past 6 months as well. They both have $40k+ reported income, 0 negatives, 0 lates, 0 otl,etc.

1+ year on the job of course, too! they will verify your phone number against 411 as well.

3. Geo

Geo Well-Known Member

I suggest her to apply for one store card right now (probably Macys) and then in three months
    go to the citibankcards page and apply for the card. Probably they will approve her with a
    high limit.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

new credit limits i've seen:

$1000 limit for $40k reported income (6mos credit)
    $2000 limit for $52K reported income (7mos credit).

both cards were AA silver and switched to platinum select :)
    $1k platinum
    hehe

5. mother2

mother2 Well-Known Member

Is this card for those with perfect or close to perfect credit?

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I haven't heard of anyone with less than perfect credit get a citi card in a long time...

7. Larry

Larry Guest

I make about 40K; my oldest card was 17 months; had about 3 inquiries, and received:
    CitiAA (silver) $2500
    CitiAA (Gold) $5000

I combined the silver into gold and now plan to upgrade the gold to Platinum in June 01.