Citibank AAdvantage for newbie

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 9, 2000.

1. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Scenario one:
    6 inquires,
    6 months macy's $400 limit
    4 months parision $400
    "income wrote down" $50000
    Instant Approval $2000

Scenario Two:
    12 Inquiries (past 6 months)
    6 months Macy's ($200 limit)
    4 Months Capitalone ($500 limit)
    "income wrote down" $40000
    Instant Approval $1000

These are friends/relatives of mine. so.

Me:
    20 Inquiries (past two months)
    8 Months Capitalone ($300 + $800)
    1 Month Aria ($250)
    "Income Wrote down" $60000
    Delayed approval $4000

They are giving these out like CANDY!

2. S.D.

S.D. Guest

RE: Citibank AAdvantage for ne

What if you don't have any credit and lots of inquiries?

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Hey, they're lenient. Not desperate.

Saar

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

Well my gf had this situation so i told her in my best opionion. spend the $99 on a Capitalone Mastercard , get $500 credit. She did so, one month later, she got a macys WHOPPING $200 line of credit. Wait till month 5 or 6 and you'll be ready for a normal card. Theres really nothing you can do but follow the path that many others have to follow, put down a few dollars to establish your credit worthiness, and then build your credit.

Macy's and Rich's are excellent places to begin credit without a deposit. Aria/providian likes to see 6 months.

Thats my advice for anyone wanting to build credit, do the $99 for $500 at capitalone, work it for 5 or 6 months, you'll be ready to get a $1000-$2000 visa from a normal (citibank) creditor. If you can't afford the $99 investment, should you really be borrowing money.

My advice to newbies: DONT SCREW YOUR CREDIT UP, IT MAKES YOUR LIFE MISERABLE FOR 7+ YEARS!! only takes one mistake. i've been there done that. take your time and do it right.

5. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Thanks for th advice. Did your gf get instant approval or did she have to wait?

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Both got

Both #1 and #2 got instant approval at citibank AAdvantage. Citibank does not verify income, so you can lie your teeth out :)).

7. John Debto

John Debto Guest

If you lied about your income on a credit card application, I believe that is a felony crime. In any event, I don't think you ought to be recommending people do that.

8. David

David Well-Known Member

RE: Sam, get a life!

Sam,

Your posts on the Citibank card are inappropriate.

First, no credit card company gives away cards, "like candy," as you so ignorantly put it, but each have certain credit, stability, and income criteria necessary before a card is issued. Lying about your income on an app. is indeed a felony crime, and your mentioning the lies indicate that you and those you referred to Citibank had false incomes reported. Perhaps you wouldn't have been issued the card if the income figure provided was incorrect?

Unfortunately, useful message boards like CreditNet is occasionally plagued by jerks like Sam, who think they're doing everyone right by posting information. Your information is misleading, and you need to keep your comments to yourself if you haven't any ACCURATE, useful information to share.

9. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

FELONY CRIME???
    I DON'T THINK SO!!!

I could just see a credit card company wasting money on taking somebody to court for over exaggerating their income...they don't have enough to do looking for
    people who don't pay their bills???

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

okay don't lie, sorry. i didn't like. i do make over $70K year, pfft.

Btw, it is legal to include income that is not from your paycheck, like if you sell alot of things on ebay, etc. That is legal, as well, so include that. Any misc income you have. sorry

11. Russ

Russ Guest

And can you back up the other source of income when the IRS comes knocking?

Hmm, didn't think so..

If you lie on a application then its your morals you have to answer too.

12. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I.R.S. IS INVOLVED IN CREDIT CARD APPLICATIONS, NOW???

13. Russ

Russ Guest

lets see.. no. it was an example. If you want to LIE about yourself, then it shows what kind of a person you are; and should also show why you do NOT need what you are applying for. Do you fit into this category?

Sam, why are you lying about lying?

>Me:
    >"Income Wrote down" $60000

>i do make over $70K year, pfft.

Hmm compulsive liar, eh?

14. S.D.

S.D. Guest

Give it a rest guys... he apologized, so lets move on. Please??? =D

15. sam

sam Well-Known Member

i got a raise actually today. pfft.

i apologized, so drop it. don't be such a sore ass. if everyone here has honestly never lied, then i apologize..

16. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Sam,

Sam,
    Congratulations on your getting the card you applied for. Good Luck to building even stronger credit. However, there are those here that were turned down for the card and are a little bummed about it. Saying that they are giving the card away like candy is a little like rubbing salt in the wounds. Dont get me wrong, I see where you are coming from. But we have talked about this card for over 1.5 months now. Your post was interesting but was no big revelation. Like I said before, Congratulations to you, your friends and family members. Go Citi crazy wit it.

roni,

sam wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Scenario one:
    6 inquires,
    6 months macy's $400 limit
    4 months parision $400
    "income wrote down" $50000
    Instant Approval $2000

Scenario Two:
    12 Inquiries (past 6 months)
    6 months Macy's ($200 limit)
    4 Months Capitalone ($500 limit)
    "income wrote down" $40000
    Instant Approval $1000

These are friends/relatives of mine. so.

Me:
    20 Inquiries (past two months)
    8 Months Capitalone ($300 + $800)
    1 Month Aria ($250)
    "Income Wrote down" $60000
    Delayed approval $4000

They are giving these out like CANDY!

17. floatvalve

floatvalve Guest

Sam,

Are you talking about the AAdvantage card that is only for Online purchases?

18. sam

sam Well-Known Member

no the AAdvantage world mastercard is for any purchases, its plastic. dont lie about your income or the people here will cut your nutz off. so will citibank and the irs.

<end of thread please>

19. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Sam,

thanks. lets drop the thread. sorry i brought it up, not everyone here has bad credit. i got disapproved for two checking accounts today if that makes some of you feel better. I'm sorry for the offense if anyone took it.

20. floatvalve

floatvalve Guest

Thanks! By the way I make 98,000.00 washing dishes:)