Citibank AAdvantage for newbie

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by sam, Nov 9, 2000.

1. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Sam, give it up...

Enough is enough. I think you need to sit back and learn a little more before you start flapping your jaws about credit issues you're obviously naive about...

No, I do not think I'm cocky, but I think I am speaking on several other's behalf when I say that...

2. dave

dave Well-Known Member

RE: Sam's def. of prime

And by your definition of prime, where you say it refers to the interest rate being at or near prime rate, all subprime cards would have interest rates below prime.

Sub= under, below

So your theory is obviously shot down.
    See MP$40's post for the TRUE definition of what characterizes a prime bank/prime customer.

3. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

RE: Citibank AAdvantage for ne

From your first post 800 + 300 Capital One and a 250 Aria and you are talking PRIME. Get Real and remember your application is delayed. Talking PRIME RATE with those CARDS.

4. roni

roni Well-Known Member

RE: Sam, give it up...

Dave,
    next time post under Sam's name and not mine. Unless, I misread the threads.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

Good REsearch Doug

I thought this guy was a 'wannabe'. That is the fascination with the prime cards. He is definitely not prime and it is so apparent. Cap1 and aria with his mouth. That is SOOOOOOOOOO funny.

Doug wrote:
    -------------------------------
    From your first post 800 + 300 Capital One and a 250 Aria and you are talking PRIME. Get Real and remember your application is delayed. Talking PRIME RATE with those CARDS.

6. floatvalve

floatvalve Guest

RE: Sam's def. of prime

Anybody get the impression that a lot of banks are making "mucho dineros" on all of us!?
    People with good credit would find us pretty
    lame even spending time on this subject.

7. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I agree w/ floatvalve

Correctomundo.

floatvalve wrote:
    -------------------------------
    Anybody get the impression that a lot of banks are making "mucho dineros" on all of us!?
    People with good credit would find us pretty
    lame even spending time on this subject.

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Good REsearch Doug

I don't understand you guys, whats your problem. I never said i had a "prime rate" card. You guys assume to much and read between the line. check out www.wachovia.com, check out their "Prime for life" card, thats what they call it.

I don't consider my gf a prime customer, she's had credit for 6 months now, (Macy's, Capital One, and now AAdvantage, plus she just purchased a 01 jetta glx on credit).

If someone can go from no credit to "Citibank" (What you call prime), in 6 months, well. I think your definition of prime is GREEN.

Amex Platinum, prime. Sure. 11.9% Prime. Wachovia Visa (prime+1.5%) or (prime), very much prime.

My little brother who is 19, a security analyst, had a parisian and macys $400 limit for about 6 months, got a AAdvantage for $2k instant approval.

Bleh. if any kid out of high school, in a decent IT job, can do that, its not unique, prime, krad, special. its normal.

It is too common, sure it may be prime for those with damaged credit, but for the rest of the world, look around. Everyones got the platinum visa (not providian). At least in my profession, IT.

Granted, many of my friends, also are carrying 5-20$ thousand on their "uber platinum" cards. Scarey stuff.

I'm not trying to dis any of you, just make you aware of what prime is.

Aria/Providian are LOAN SHARKS. It should be illegal to charge those fees.

19.8% Is nearly highway robbery as well.

I don't have any cards better than ya'll (citibank aa $4k, Cap 1 $800+300, and a soon to be closed aria card). so dont think im trying to be better than you. Also i find it rude for you to judge my credit knowledge. I've been working in the credit business in a professional area for several years. Doesn't mean i've got perfect credit. things outside our professional lives can greatly affect our financial situations, and thats ok.

9. sam

sam Well-Known Member

RE: Good REsearch Doug

Btw, I got my silver. $4k, now waiting on the gold.

Excellent card. Put a $3500 charge as my first, had no call backs, no questions, no "Please refer to..". Very professional.