CITIBANK AADVANTAGE OFFER

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by SBBURN, Oct 8, 2000.

1. SBBURN

SBBURN Guest

I RECEIVED AN OFFER FROM CITIBANK AADVANTAGE FOR A MASTERCARD WHOSE LIMIT WOULD BE EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT THAT I DEPOSIT IN A CD ACCOUNT($800 TO $25000). HAS ANYONE HERE RECEIVED THIS OFFER IN THE MAIL?

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

I received this offer about 9 months ago. The only requirements are (if I remember correctly) is that you must 1) have no delinquencies in the last 6 months 2) have no past bad debts with a citibank credit card and 3) employment. This is just a secured credit card. You can open the CD with Citibank or you can with anybank like Chase or First Union, even Associates have this offer for the JC Penney Visa which is a very attractive card. If you want another secured card why not. They unsecure it in 19 months.

3. SBBURN

SBBURN Guest

I WILL DEFINITELY TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THIS OFFER! THANKS!

4. KIller

KIller Guest

If nothing hasn't changed in the last few months, Citibank does not report it's secured card to the CRA's. This is what a rep told me a few months ago. She said that all of the history of the account is reported at one time at the end of the 18 months. If this has changed, I would love to have this card! I would a get a kick out of seeing my picture on the card!

5. SBBURN

SBBURN Guest

I will look over the information that they sent to me and/ or call them to check it out. Will let you know what they say about reporting to credit bureaus.

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Killer is right. They do not report anything to any bureau until after the card turns unsecured, which will be after 18 months of ON TIME pay history. If you decided to get this card, please DO NOT BE LATE! NOT EVEN 1 DAY!!!!! That is what happened to me. I was late 1 time (by a few days due to mail) and when 18 months came and went, I was wondering what was up so I called. Then they told me that I was late 1 time! I was HOT! So then another 18 months go by and nothing. So I call to see what's up and they STILL didn't want to convert over to unsecured and didn't give a reason why. I then complained, told them the first time around I was late 1 time but this last time was perfect. The rep said that he would submit my account for review. Next thing I know I get a check in the mail for $300+ interest from my CD that I had opened to get the card. Then I called and they raised my limit to $800.

7. SBBURN

SBBURN Guest

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE ADVICE! I AM GOING TO SEND THEM THE CASH AT THE END OF THE MONTH. i WILL BE SURE NOT TO BE LATE.

8. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Is this the same card that got so much hype a couple of weeks ago? I applied for and received the AADVANTAGE Card (silver), does this mean that they do not report to the CRA's??

Reshod

9. SBBURN

SBBURN Guest

no-i got an offer for a secured card with them. they report everything else to the cra's