Citibank AAdvantage

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Saar, Jul 6, 2001.

1. Saar

Saar Banned

Applied for the card online recently.

"We require more time for processing..."

Called them, they said my credit report appears to meet their credit criteria, but they won't consider my application unless I submit copies of my SS card, phone bill, etc. Faxed everything the next day.

Called today, the rep said I'm approved, initial limit is $6,500.

Thought of applying again (we already know if one application is approved, a subsequent application also has good chances). This would probably allow an instant increase (by combining the cards, hope it doesn't breach roni's copyright :))

I'll be sure to convert to the Platinum Select later on.

Saar

2. sam

sam Well-Known Member

what score ?

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Who knows? They pulled TU, it's a good report but shows Gadzillion inquiries. I'll get my paper TU report & score soon, will let you know.

Saar

4. miles

miles Well-Known Member

Congrats Saar!! You deserve it!! Enjoy :)

5. MikeB

MikeB Banned

I am a fairly new Citibank AA holder. I applied for an online credit line increase and received a letter response. Basically it said I needed to wait 6 months, don't exceed the limit, and make more than the minimum payments in order to get an increase. It would be nice if other CC companies were as honest and upfront as Citibank.

6. Saar

Saar Banned

Sorry, but they're trying to BS.

There are 3 ways to get Citi increases that are much more frequent:

1. Re-apply & combine (first posted by roni).
    2. Retention (first posted by Jo).
    3. Credit line re-evaluation request submitted shortly after card issuance to their Risk Management department (posted by citibank rep).

Saar

7. greyfox

greyfox Well-Known Member

Saar, where can I find the info to try no. 3?

8. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Yeah I know about that. I was referring to the "standard" route. Most companies BS. I don't need another inquiry right now.

9. Saar

Saar Banned

10. Saar

Saar Banned

Ok, also applied for the Citi Gold AA, will keep everyone updated :)

I'll now have to stop applying for some time, or Trans Union's computers would need a memory extension to store all my inquiries.

Saar