citibank advantage - decline

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mt, Dec 21, 2000.

1. mt

mt Guest

Okay, I was declined for the Citi AA card, hmm...

Well, they sent me a solicitation to open a CD with Citibank and then they will open an AA card, secured by the CD. Has anyone else done this? Just curious.

2. Killer

Killer Guest

RE: citibank advantage - decli

They do not report their secured card to the CRA's. After you had the card for 18 months then they report your 18 month history. At that time, they supposedly offer you an unsecured card provided you have an acceptable history.

3. sam

sam Well-Known Member

If you don't mind why were you declined?

BK? Prev. citi chargeoff?

4. Saar

Saar Banned

Don't do it.

When I called Citi to inquire about their rejection, the rep offered me a secured card.

I shared with her my objective analysis of their secured card. When I was done, she was the one to say the secured card won't help me. She advised me to re-apply for their Aadvantage when I have 12 months of documented US credit history.

Saar

5. mt

mt Guest

*We are unable to approve your account because a delinquent credit obligation(s), either paid or unpaid, was recorded on your credit bureau report. Report was from Trans Union.

Any delinquent obligation on my report was paid several months ago. I think I may call and talk to them as someone else mentioned.