Citibank and being late........

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by roni, Oct 28, 2001.

1. bbauer

bbauer Banned

They already been there and done that. Long ago. Ever try to make a payment by telephone? Usually around $5.00

2. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up Roni! Glad that you reported this info. I would of never guessed that Citi would do this if you were five days late like that.....I better start re-reading over the terms on all my cards.

In the meanwhile, you better hook up Auto-pay ASAP! Even if it's just for the minimum payment (you can still mail them a payment). Just to let you know, having auto-pay on your Citi account raises your internal score with them. Ever since I've been on the credit repair tip, I am totally paranoid about paying my stuff on time. I have my Outlook calendar set up to remind me 5 days prior to the due date on all my bills. This give me enough time just in case I already haven't paid the bill for some reason. Normally, when I get the statement in the mail, I pay it on-line that day or mail it out like the next day if I don't have that option. Got in that habbit when FUSA was pulling their BS...fyi...my account is closed and you can't pay using their on-line feature on a closed account but now I can send electronic payments to them via my bank so no more worries...they'll be paid off and forgotten about soon enough!

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

US BANK AND FIRST USA DOESN'T...don't know about others...(haven't tried).