Citibank approval process

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Bea, Mar 19, 2001.

1. Bea

Bea Guest

Hi everyone, I have been reading your post regarding the Equifax/Fico scoring process and I decided to pull my score. I didn't have any of the problems that you were talking about because I was a registered member. My score was not the greatest but, considering my past history it was ok. I scored a 613. My question is do you know what score does citibank require you to have before they approve you for an account? I have some recent late payments and I would like to know how long I should wait before applying for this card based on your past experiences. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks, great board.

2. ble103

ble103 Guest

You're score may get you a AA citibank card,no prime kinds for now.Roni can tell you more if this score is acceptable to citibank on that card.

3. dave

dave Well-Known Member

I read somewhere on this board that Citibank uses its own internal scoring process.

4. sam

sam Well-Known Member

I have a 565 and i got a citibank AA with $4k limit (now platinum select at prime+2.95).

I have no idea how citi chooses their business.

It's a very low score,thats required, if your credit is flawless!

5. Bea

Bea Guest

Sam, Did you have any recent late payments when you were approved with the score of 565? I have a 90 day late mortgage reported. I think the score may be o.k. but the 90 day late was in 01/01 it is now current. I have 4 secured cards now. Capital one, Household,Home Federal and one credit union visa. All of these accounts have flawless history. I have 2 collection accounts that I have disputed but, they marked one as consumer disputes and the other was verified. My goal is to transfer the balances on these secured accounts to a higher limit card.

6. sam

sam Well-Known Member

No lates in the since 07/96, i had 3 open credit accounts, and about 5 old positive tradelines, one being a citibank affiliated store card all closed paid as agreed. And then about 8 charge off's and 1 collection.

I have no idea why they approved me, give it a shot! Most they can do is decline you. I got it around the time a bunch of other board members got them back in october. Make sure you absolutely apply for the AA Advantage Silver mastercard, not the world, or any other one :)

7. Michael

Michael Guest

I've been told by Citibank that the process to approve on the AA Advantage and the Platinum is the same.

The rep told me both cards are the same only difference is the Plat doesn't have a fee.

I just got the Plat card with a score arround 650.
    Save the $50.00 fee get the Plat. Card!