Citibank APPROVAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by MikeG, Aug 9, 2001.

1. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I dont believe it. I sat at my computer for ten minutes before I had enough courage to hit the submit button. If you have read, I spoke of a major error on my Equifax report (90 day late in April) which dropped my score 70 points. I have been debating on waiting for a fix of the problem (which hasnt happened in 5 months) or just applying and immediately calling custormer service upon being declined to plead my case.

To my suprise, I received an instant approval. My first one. I dont know what to do with myself. I have alway, always, always been declined or given the more processing needed message when applying on the net . Well one time I applied for Capital One and I was declined platinum and given classic card.

They stated they needed to verify some information first, but will mail cards to my house. Let me add that I just paid off my balance of capital one and had 2 bank loans paid off also.

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike G.

2. Dani

Dani Well-Known Member

Congrats, Mike.

Dani

3. Saar

Saar Banned

Mike,

If anyone deserves it, it's you. Congrats!!!

Apply again to double your credit line w/ Citi (unless you're already back on the wagon :))

Saar

4. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Thanks Saar and Dani,

My credit repair or education basically started with Saar educating me on Cap. 1 Retention last year at this time. Hey, I do believe it is high time I call Capital One and ask for an increase to match my citibank card.

Mike G.

5. roni

roni Well-Known Member

YOU GO!

Welcome to the Citiclub... we need to start handing out buttons.....

Congratulations!

6. breeze

breeze Well-Known Member

Fantastic!! Congratulations!

breeze

7. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Thanks breeze and roni,

Let's not forget that this started with Roni back I believe october of last year sharing her Citibank experience.

Mike G.

8. Cyprigirl

Cyprigirl Well-Known Member

Congrats!

Awesome!

Cypri:)

9. NanaC

NanaC Well-Known Member

Wow, congrats! I can really relate to the staring at the screen thing!! LOL

10. mindylou

mindylou Well-Known Member

Congrats on your new citi card welcome to the club.

mindy

11. MikeB

MikeB Banned

Congrats....

12. Debmac

Debmac Well-Known Member

Wowie!

Maybe it WAS the full moon!

Much 'grats!

Deb

13. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

Thanks to all,

Yeah NanaC, I just stared and stared at the monitor. Moved the mouse and cursor over the submit button and waited until courage finally kicked in. I thought I was the only chicken around here.

Mike G.

14. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You did better than me. I thought I had blanked out for a second and was seeing things. I couldnt focus on the screen AT ALL. Blurred vision...seeing spots. Woke up the next day and didnt know WHO I was.....lol

15. Kitty

Kitty Well-Known Member

What an exhilirating feeling! Congrats. I was just like you feeling depressed to apply thru the net and just see the more processing is needed or declined. But, like you when I applied with Citi and after seeing the hourglass turn and turn, I already assumed, oh know, its declined. To my surprise, well not really because I have been working hard on getting a good credit record, I saw approved!!!! What joy, well for us on this board, its a very big deal. What card did you apply for? What apr did you get?
    Keep up the good work.

16. sam

sam Well-Known Member

to start getting automatic approvals instantly is certainly a great feeling! Totally!

17. MikeG

MikeG Well-Known Member

I applied for the regular AA card and received %16.9 APR with 3K limit. I am off to planetfeedback to request a increase from Capital One. They have denied my last two requests because of the big increase I received in April. Maybe this will push them to my point of view. This and I paid the balance in full.

Mike G.