Citibank Balance Transfer

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by JennyG, Apr 16, 2001.

1. JennyG

JennyG Guest

Will Citibank increase my creditline if I do a balance transfer with them for 2.9% until 12-01. When I log into my account it says on the right click to do balance transfers. I have only had the card for 1 month and I am up to my creditline.

Thanks

2. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Normally if you click on BT and you are eligible then it will let you automatically, if not you have to call and request it (hard inquiry by the way), but seeing that you have just about maxed out your card in the first month, this might not be the best time to ask for one.

3. JennyG

JennyG Guest

Momof3:

When I click on the balance trasfer option it lets me proceed but I know I don't have enough credit avaliable for the transfer if I plug in the numbers. Should I try anyway???

4. creditwork

creditwork Well-Known Member

I would not try it without speaking to a customer service representative. Better safe than sorry. Pay down your present debt, bring your balance to "0", let it sit for a couple of months and you will probably get a call before the 2 months are up offering a lower rate and/or higher limit.

http://www.creditsense.com

5. LadyC

LadyC Well-Known Member

If you don't want to call and talk to anyone, it will be ok when you try to do the bakance transfer, because it will let you know how much you have available for transfers. And if you don't have enough available, you will not be able to proceed.