Citibank Black List

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Concerned, Apr 25, 2001.

1. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

I had a student Citibank card back in the day ('93). It was charged off and I paid it back. The card is not on any of my reports. Is it possible I'd qualify for a new card with them or am I blacklisted forever? It seems like they have cards for less than perfect credit from what I am reading here and would like to go for it. I have mid 600s FICO.

2. Donna

Donna Well-Known Member

Worth A Try

Since you did pay the money, why not submit an application. The worst that can happen is that Citi will say no. If they do, call Application Review and find out why. You might be able to talk one of the reps into overiding the decision. Citi is a good card. It's worth a shot.

Donna

3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member

Re: Worth A Try

Concerned,
    I had a couple of charge-off accounts with Citibank back in 90 and somehow my name got off from the blacklist. About a year ago, I got ClickCiti and Sony Citibank Platinium Select card. Well, I think you get to apply on-line and get answer instantly whether your name is off from the blacklist. Good Luck.

Ron.

4. zog

zog Guest

Try it and let us know.

zog

5. Concerned

Concerned Well-Known Member

Got the ClickCiti card just now! Thanks for advising me to just go for it! How about them questions? What cars does your household have? Who else is a member of your household? Talk about a fishing expedition. Anyway, $1000 credit limit is a good start. I am looking to dump some of my other lame cards such as First Premier for a card who will give me some line increases worth something and the miles is an excellent bonus!