Citibank Blacklisted? Try This....

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rick, Aug 13, 2001.

1. rick

rick Well-Known Member

I'm on the Citibank blacklist, and applied for a Diners and was turned down due to a BK in 1991. They didn't even pull a credit report. I now applied for a Hilton Hhonors card (issued by Citibank USA) which was formerly Travelers Bank and I was approved!!! So they must not share the blacklist between regular Citibank and Citi USA. No annual fee Platinum Visa, 0.0% APR for purchases, 9.9% on balance transfers and 10,000 Hilton Hhonors Points upon first use and upgrade to HHonors Silver Member, can't beat a deal like that! Apply at http://www.hhonorscard.com
    Hope Citi doesn't read this board!

2. Mist

Mist Well-Known Member

Rick,
    Thanks for sharing. How long is the teaser rate in effect on that card? Sounds like you really scored with this one!

Mist

3. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

I WON'T RISK IT...

4. Momof3

Momof3 Well-Known Member

Hey Mist, the site says 6 months:) Sound like a great offer anfd the go to rate isn't bad either.

5. rick

rick Well-Known Member

The period is for six months. What I like about it is that it's a platinum no-annual fee "reward card". The Hilton Program also lets you transfer your points into airline points, but at a bad ratio.

6. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

3 DENIALS IN 2 MONTHS...AIN'T GONNA' HAPPEN.

7. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

...TOO MANY OPEN ACCOUNTS WITH BALANCES...
    ...TOO MANY BANK CARDS WITH BALANCES...

F.I.C.O. 698+2+2=702

:)

8. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

What type of CL did they extend? Who did they pull from. What was your score when you were approved? Lastly did they give an instant approval?

I may try it.

9. jonesing

jonesing Well-Known Member

Was this instant notification or did you need to wait?

10. $wealth$

$wealth$ Well-Known Member

Bump

11. sam

sam Well-Known Member

yah associates, at&t universal, travelers bank, they all have their own blacklist. I'm blacklisted with both associates and at&t but I have $9000 with citibank. I guess due to merger/acquisition issues they will maintain their own database of information for a long time..

otherwise mr associates would be grabbing my info from citibank and calling me up at work asking for their 6 year old debt.