Citibank Card Challenge Question

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by rmk1825, Aug 29, 2001.

1. rmk1825

rmk1825 Member

Hello,

I have 2 Citibank Accounts, 1 CB Mastercard and a CB Visa. The CB Mastercard was charged off in 1996 or 1997. The Citibank Visa account was closed by Citibank with lots of late payments and I paid it off this year! Both were opened in 93-94. I would like to get the Charged Off Citibank Mastercard off of my credit report. What does everyone think my chances of getting it removed are? I haven't challenged it with the credit bureau's yet. I am thinking that since I had 2 accounts, and it's citibank we're dealing with, it might be very difficult to remove. Which card would you challenge first and how would you go about it if you were me?

Thanks!!!

2. roni

roni Well-Known Member

You need to get copies of all three reports first. You can get them for free if you've been recently declined or write a letter saying that you plan to look for a new job in the next month and need to check it.... Free either way.

When that in hand, I would suggest using the investigation forms attached for a first round. You don't want to stand out too much. Wait 30 days for the results. If it comes back verified, write a letter asking for a reinvestigation.

Start slow, then get tougher as you go.

Good luck!