Citibank Card Holders

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Reshod, Mar 28, 2001.

1. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Has anyone noticed a charge of their Citibank account from a DirectAlert Membership for $69.95? It just appeared this morning. I am going to call them ASAP and get the scoop!!

Reshod

2. Aux

Aux Well-Known Member

I got their mail.

Hi,

It's the Credit report and monitoring service. After trial period they will charge you $69.95 membership fee. I did call cancel as soon as I got their mail and got the cancellation number.

I got their mail 2 weeks ago. When I upgraded my classic card to Platinum Select, CS offered me 3 trial options and DirectAlert is one of them but I refused it. Anyway, I guess the CS did something wrong and I got the mail from DirectAlert mentioned that I became their membership.

You can call them (DirectAlert) to cancel at 1-800-375-0149

Hope this helps.

Aux

3. Reshod

Reshod Well-Known Member

Re: I got their mail.

Thanks, will call them right now.

And i never recieved any mail from them!

4. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Re: I got their mail.

Citibank called me a couple of weeks ago to tell me that I have *automatically* been signed up for that Credit report monitoring stuff and that if I didn't want it, I had to call and cancel within 30 days for a full refund. Hello? Automatically signed me up? I don't think so! I told him very clearly that I didn't want this service and that I DID NOT want this added to my account, etc. I have not had any problems so far.

5. marci

marci Well-Known Member

Isn't that illegal?

I thought that was illegal, MP$40.

Yikes!

6. Cadillac408

Cadillac408 Well-Known Member

Re: Isn't that illegal?

You would think so? I couldn't believe it. I can't wait for Privacy Manager to kick in. I could of declined their call.........but then again.....maybe it was good that I aswered their call to tell them NO becuase if they would of just signed me up for that w/o my consent, I would of been so HOT!