citibank cards

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by mambomn, Oct 5, 2001.

1. mambomn

mambomn Well-Known Member

I just received my citibank AA silver and AA citibank gold cards! I would like to combine the two cards and convert them to a citibank platinum select card so I can take advantage of the 0% balance transfer.
    Can I call Citibank directly and ask them to do this for me? How leniant is Citibank about this? Will requesting a platinum card involve another hard inquiry? Or should I wait 6 months to apply for the Platinum card on its own?

Any suggestions/advice is appreciated.

Thanks....

2. romanduv

romanduv Well-Known Member

they are very relaxed about it.

Just call, be very straightforward. Tell them you've had a change of heart, and would like to switch to another product (don't use the term "upgrade").

The CS reps are top notch, and will always comply with your requests. Don't forget to get your APR lowered if u switch to platinum select.

-Roman

3. Saar

Saar Banned

You don't need to tell them any stories. Say what you want to say up front. What you're asking them to do is within your right as a cardmember, and they'll do it. It does not depend on your credit and no report should be pulled.

My experience w/ them was painless.

Saar

4. leo728

leo728 Well-Known Member

totally agree with the above.

5. mambomn

mambomn Well-Known Member

Thank you for the suggestions.

Reading previous posts on this issue, it seems that the AA gold card can't be combined with any other cards; if this is true, should I convert the gold into platinum, wait a few days, and then combine the platinum with the silver AA card? Or can I directly ask the CS to do combine/convert all at the same time?

Again, thanks for your help.

6. brad

brad Well-Known Member

All at the same time.

7. Saar

Saar Banned

First combine, then convert.

No poster has ever had a problem combining a silver AA & a Gold AA.

Saar

8. sam

sam Well-Known Member

gold card is held by citicorp, not citibank like the other ones for some odd reason.

you Must convert to a platinum select product you don't have already, then combine. You can do so in on telephone call. Don't take any other answer from citi!!

Be sure to thank citi for all the hard work they do to please us!! Most other card companies won't go this far for the customer!! amen citi

9. Saar

Saar Banned

I've done it the other way around. Sam you're the one who said they can't combine an affinity card w/ a non-affinity card, which is why you need to first combine the 2 AA cards and only then convert to Platinum Select. Worked for me.

Saar

10. sam

sam Well-Known Member

well my request for Combining the Gold AAdvantage to my platinum select was "declined due to incompatible product line". I then converted it to driver's edge platinum select, and bam, worked.

Serious. I thought they were messing with me.

11. Bill B

Bill B Well-Known Member

I combined the cards together to the silver AA then i asked them to convert that to the standard platinum select card..All went well and then on my account i called them back and said "instead of waiting for the new platinum select card to come in could i combine it with the one i allready have"..And wouldn't you know from $2,500 to $14,000 with a ausome intrest rate....Wifes plat is 14.74 tho .

12. skittens

skittens Active Member

Has anyone tried combining a citibank card with a card from another bank owned by Citibank (like AT&T Universal or Associates Bank)?

13. the other

the other Well-Known Member

Or how about Citibank NA and Citibank USA?

14. Saar

Saar Banned

Impossible.

The answers are No, No and No, respectively :)

Saar