Citibank comes through again!!

Discussion in 'Credit Talk' started by Slee, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Slee

Slee Well-Known Member

I already had 2 cards with Citibank, a Platinum Select (5200 limit@9.9%) and a Platinum Upromise ($4200 Limit@10.9%). I received a preselected invite in the mail for another Platinum Select (Same card I have) for balance transfers@0% for 6 months and a go to rate of 7.99% fixed. I was skeptical because I already had this card and wondered why Citi would want me to apply for the same card I already had. Didn't make sense to me. At the off chance I would be accepted, I went and applied on line. I didn't hear anything for 2 weeks and assumed I was rejected. Guess what I get in the mail today? You guessed it! I was approved for $6400 at a go to rate of 7.9% fixed!! My lowest APR to date! I asked customer service if I could combine my 3 cards into 1 and she said no problem. I suppose after the intro rate is up on the other 2 citicards, I will definitely combine all 3 cards into the 7.9 fixed card. Don't you just love Citi?:)

2. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

EXCEPT THEY ARE "JACKING" ME AND OTHERS TO 9.99%

NOT because we are BAD...just because they CAN!!!

3. Slee

Slee Well-Known Member

George,
    That truly sucks. I have no idea why they would jack anyone with a perfect pay history on their cards or any other cards for that matter. It is counter-intuitive. I've heard some reasons that since the balance is high, they may jack someone. Ok, if you raise the interest rate, the balance will be higher!! Ughh. I just pray the 7.9% is fixed for many years.

4. NiceGuy

NiceGuy Well-Known Member

George,

Did you get anywhere asking them to lower it back?

-NiceGuy

5. GEORGE

GEORGE Well-Known Member

THEY WON'T GET $0.01 @ 9.99%

I HAVE 4.90% BT TILL PAID...SO I DON'T CARE

...I didn't ask

I may send an E-MAIL asking IF THEY LOST THEIR MINDS...

6. DHK

DHK Well-Known Member

That's AWESOME! One day, I'll be able to do some BDD and BDT with them - but not yet!

7. thetravele

thetravele Well-Known Member

Goerge, they did the mini jack on me also. I sent a PFB and they kept my APR at PRIME + 2.9.

PFB did work. Try it.